US$160
US$71
US$80
US$77
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$118
US$109
Orbitz.com
US$123
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Gertrude Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$66
Red Nose(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$46
Rixwell Elefant Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$83
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsone nightan overnight staydecent hotelchoose this hotelyogurteuro
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I chose the hotel because it was close to the airport for my very early flight and did not want to spend a lot or be pampered. The location was a surprise as it was so isolated from businesses and among fields and trees. But this was lovely for relaxing after weeks of travel, especially on the front patio.
The room was clean but it, and the bathroom, were very basic and a little worn and reminded me of the highway motels in America in the 70's.
Unfortunately the restaurant had a limited menu and I think the staff member was still in training and so the service was not professional or efficient. The breakfast choices were also a disappointment and scanty.
However the free shuttle was a good bonus as I was able to go to the airport to get my boarding pass the day before ,when I had computer trouble, and then catch a bus to Old Riga for 70c. Also the driver was waiting in the lobby the next morning at 4.30am to take me to the airport.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2013

First, I can't understand the poor reviews on this hotel, now that we are here, (as I write this), and have extended our stay by one night.

It is v/close to airport, but you don't hear any planes.
One of the reasons we grew to really value our stay here was the service. The staff is professional, much more so than many places in Latvia. Trained by a North American, you see the difference from the Russian 'Soviet' style found in some of the more expensive hotels, or even the cheaper ones.

The staff went out of their way for us so may times, on all sorts of issues that helped our vacation, without expecting anything in return. I think that is why felt compelled to write this review now.

the rooms are clean, beds comfortable, shower and pluming up to date, all just fine, as good as home.

but the food: the menu is simple, yet the food is 4 star. all great, and totally unexpected. due to circumstances, we found ourselves here during the lunch and dinner hour, and we were shocked at how good it was, we said it was a treat to be able to eat here.

great value and great service!

Room Tip: All good! our room was 2nd floor, nice and quiet, but not sure if better or worse any other place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Consider that you're in Riga with Riga prices. This hotel charges far too much for the stay.
The bathrooms are really horrible made of plastic(!) fittings like sink etc.

They're booking system says that the beds in double room are double beds but they don't fit two adults.

The breakfast was under all expectations. More of a one star hotel in that respect!

The entire hotel feels like a barrack made of cheap materials and gives really bad value for the money, especially as there are many much better hotels in the city centre for the same price.

It's also really difficult to find the hotel as it's outside of the city centre, the surrounding area is under construction and the road where it lies starts on one side of a highway (close to US embassy) and continues on other side and there's no tunnel or bridge..

The parking lot outside of the hotel is dark and does not feel very safe.

I would recommend the city centre hotels with a garage for people with car instead. E.g. Tallink hotel gives good value for money for families.

Room Tip: The "two double beds" in double rooms are in fact just a little wider single beds..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I had been staying in Siauliai but as I had an early flight decided to move to Riga and so I stayed here one night only before flying home. It was very good value for B&B and was chosen for it's location. It was great to be in a hotel which was clean, a proper shower and the shower water hot, bed which was warm and comfortable, good breakfast with fresh fruit juice and a toaster that worked. Although no coffee making facilities there was a hairdryer - something I had been missing for the last 4 days. Staff were helpful, polite and professional. Everything was a good standard. The shuttle to the airport was very good, available on time and the driver very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Went for a dogshow, this time to Riga. The hotel was average priced, 72e per night, would have expected a bit more for that price. Beds were ok, room was clean, quiet and a decent clean bathroom. Dogfrienldy ! The breakfast was of average quality, without service. The hotel was perfect for our purpose.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends