“AWFUL”

Cuisines: Cafe
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 24 October 2021

First of all when we came inside the waiter told us that we have to sit only for an hour! I have never heard that before (I have to mention that there were many empty tables in the cafe when we left) !we are costumers and they have no right to tell you when to leave!! Also the space is small and the atmosphere is suffocating. I wonder if animals are treated in the right way ! All cats are so big and always are sleeping like as if they had been hypnotized. I believe that animals are being exploited as they are, and that they suffer when they are constantly being moved from one table to another. Finally, in the end they asked us an extra tip for the animals that is not included in our bill , and I thing it is so rude!!I felt that they were taking advantage of my sensitivity to animals.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (379)

Reviewed 8 October 2021

I went to see the cafe with my family, driving several hours to see this “attraction”. To the point-
We entered and immediately were looked down upon. No hellos just rude interruptive questions if we have a reservation. Was the reservation necessary? Apparently, yes- but where was it ever stated? I have no idea, didn’t find it anywhere. The place was empty but we were informed at 1 that we would only get a table at around 2:30. No customer’s service and rude. Never coming back and the atmosphere was not welcoming.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 4 September 2021 via mobile

I would say it was fun, but afterwards I was thinking about the animals and the stress they go through just for us to have fun..but more about the cafe, the staff was nice, and there is no minimum order, but reservation in advance is a good idea. Service is kind of slow.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 26 January 2021

Amazing experience! I thought it would be cruel but when I went in I realized it's a great home for all the animals in it. I hope they'll keep it open for long long time, I would like to visit Budapest and Zoo Cafe again! Definetely reccomend!

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 22 March 2020

A friend of mine insisted to go to this place and I need to be honest, what a delusion!
The stuff has been very rude, no smilings, no real customer service.
They came to take the order after 10/15 minutes nonetheless the place was quite empty.
This Cafe is "special" because it allows the customers to touch/see several animals.
The animals "available" at Zoo Cafe are snakes, rabbits, guinea pigs, iguanas, cats and turtles.
When the waitress brings the animal to your table, you will remain with it for a quite long time and to be honest I did not see fun and happiness in these animals eyes.
For my point of view, this place is a kind of Circus, in a Cafe, in the centre of an european city.
I will not suggest it, it gave me a feeling of cruelty.

Avoid it

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank olivehoover
Niki_Fazekas, Marketing at Zoo Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2020

We are really sorry your bad experience at us, hopefully we will have the chance to change your opinion in the future.