“Wonderful, talented young man - D.A.S. the pianist ”
Review of House of Music

House of Music
Ranked #15 of 37 Concerts & Shows in Warsaw
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Warsaw House of Music offers Chopin concerts everyday! To complete your Warsaw tour you should absolutely listen here to the Frederic Chopin music. Chopin was one of the greatest world composers that lived in Warsaw for years. Our elegant concert hall is a place where you can move back in time to the 19th century when listening to the grand piano music was a tipical way to spend an evening.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I brought tickets for a Chopin concert at the House of Music on our first day for that afternoon ( concert started at 5pm that day)
Very relaxed and lovely venue, tea, coffee and cakes sold, helpful and warm staff and a wonderfully, talented, young pianist.
The pieces he played are ones we all know and ones less familiar, which was a lovely surprise.
A great start to our week in Warsaw, put a Chopin spring in our step and an experience we will never forget.

1  Thank MH280862
"performance"
"talented"
"performed"

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I actually discovered this place because it's next to the University Metro station and I was waiting in the rain for my girlfriend. I went inside for a coffee and to stay dry and was totally blown away by a great performance of a Romantic-era Polish composer I'd never heard of (Zarebski) - I'm a huge fan of music of all types and it is very rare something turns my head anymore, much less causes my jaw to drop. It turned out I had walked into this amazing festival for Chopin's birthday - nobody's sure the exact day, so the city throws a big party for over a week at this place just to be sure they have him covered. There was a great jazz ensemble as the main stage transformed into a big party late at night. In between we bounced upstairs and caught the Shostakovich Piano Trio - I'm from Manhattan and we're admittedly harsh critics who demand the best - I shouldn't have been so surprised I guess, but we found it in a really cool part of Warsaw. I think we spent like $25 between us including food and drinks all night which is the price of 2 drinks in NYC with tip - did I forget to mention this place throws the doors open free to the public on Chopin's birthday week?? I've been back since then - equally good and tix for concerts are still only like $10 - I love this city and places like this and the people they attract has a lot to do with why!! Great Job Nowy Swiat Muzyki (that's their name in Polish)

2  Thank Krystof K
Management response:Responded 13 March 2017

Thank you Kristof for your enthusiastic opinion! Hope to see you in House of Music soon again!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I was passing by the Nowy Swiat Street and came across to House of Music. I stop by and order coffee and Pavlova dessert - was fantastic by the way :)
As I was sitting and enjoying writing, the music starts playing. It was pianist who perform Chopin music. It was fantastic. I was sitting and couldn’t move. Just one hour of wonderful music moves you to completely different word.
Beautiful place, worth visit!
I will be visiting more, that’s for sure!

2  Thank Gigi1599
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I like very much the spirit of this place.
Live piano concerts every day, together with good coffee and cake, make for very pleasant atmosphere to enjoy.
I also often like to take my work (and laptop) with me to a café, because changing surroundings and being among different people stimulates my creativity, and House of Music is just perfect for that.
I highly recommend.

1  Thank Michal P
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 January 2017

I spent two days in Warsaw and had the pleasure of attending concerts at House of Music. I had a great experience both days. It was student musicians playing mostly Chopin at the grand piano in an intimate little cafe. Especially the last evening I attended was fantastic! I will not be surprised if the pianist turns out to be a world star one day.

If you like Chopin and if you like piano concerts, this is the place for you. Excellent and very affordable!

1  Thank Hall S
agrochowska, Manager at House of Music, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you for your review Hall!