Dom na Podwalu
Motel PZMot(Lublin)
  • Restaurant
Ilan Hotel(Lublin)
View Hotel
All reviewsflat screen televisionairport busno elevatorsingle roomexcellent locationold citychapelsuitepolishbathroomreceptionbreakfastparking
Reviewed 5 September 2017

On the road to the old city in Lublin there is a building in the park. Near city center and bus station. A hotel situated here is quiet and reflexive. Old interiors and chapel of the Catolic Church. Modest breakfast and low prices. View on a city garden, winter and summer, impressive.
Clean, a lot of space in a corridor, confortable rooms. Quiet, uniquely.

Room Tip: better with a view on the old town
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect location just outside long street full of restaurants running through old town.
300m to Polska bus. Castle part of view from lovely garden area set with chairs tables and shade.
Many Ice cream shops very close by.
Room was for one, not with extra room, but perfect for one with on suite. My room looked into courtyard which at times of over 30 degrees was most pleasant.
Today in ample car park were Swedish, German and many Polish cars. Surrounded by substantial fence I'd expect good security.
Breakfast very good, very Polish.
Inside very cool and charming. Not like average hotel.
Air con in room.
Staff pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I had a single room with shower, no bath. Very clean. Excellent location. Very capable service. Available parking. Great gourmet breakfast! They change the hot items every day. One caveat. I don't think there is an elevator.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We are a mature couple and I looked for a central city hotel with secure parking, this turned out to be a great choice. The room is very spacious and impeccably clean, the bathroom is modern with a really good size shower, good water pressure and again impeccably clean. The only thing that could add to the comfort would be better quality mattresses, probably not a problem for the young and healthy, but with my aching back it was less than comfortable, however my husband found it comfy. The breakfast was really good with plenty of vegetarian choices and good strong coffee. What we didn't realise is that this is a Roman Catholic institution or under church ownership, there's a crucifix above the door in our room and a rather large one in the dining room, it would have been nice if these were visible on some of the photos before we booked. These are an issue for me personally, however the stay was very comfortable overall.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

A friend and I spent two nights at Dom na Podwalu, a former monastery. We each had a single room both of which were spacious, comfortable and spotless with en suite bathrooms. The room had tea/coffee making facilities, bottled water and a flat screen television. The only thing lacking was toiletries which didn't bother me as I prefer my own. The hotel building is attractive, in a lovely quiet location and conveniently just a stones throw from the old town as well as close to the bus station for the airport bus. It is also very close to the castle. Breakfast was plentiful and varied and included in the already reasonable room rate. They even had gluten free bread! The staff were friendly and helpful and check in was seamless. We had a wonderful stay and it far exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends