See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Grate hotel member of staff are amazing! but we had one problem one of the room door shut on us so we couldn't get in the room stuck outside for 30 minutes but even though 5 out of 5! Thank you to everyone at gem hotel ;)

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2016

This hotel (a) is a longish taxi ride from the centre, being in an angle of two branches of the Oder river, which provides a pleasant walk; (b) appears to have no bar or lounge for guests; (c) is in a sports centre with swimming pool etc.

Oddity - the wash basin in my room had the usual chrome dome - but it was fixed, so that the hot water from the tap disappeared down the drain a split second after coming out of the tap. Is that meant to promote hygiene?

Good point - the environmental offer not to wash your towels unless you put them on the floor was for once actually fulfilled!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidJFPollock
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I honestly have mixed feelings about my visit in GEM.
On one side, it is very nicely located few kilometers (think 10 - 15 minutes taxi ride) from direct city center, in a quite cozy spot close to the river.

Rooms were renovated and frankly looked like at least 4 star standard. Only missing feature is A/C, but if you plan on just sleeping, than this is still all right.

There is nice swimming pool available (25m I think).
In terms of room, parking, location, fantastic value for money.

On the more sour note, service was below my expectations.

Firstly, reception clerck asked very weird questions why I need second key card to my room.
I booked double room for one person. Hotel did not think to give me a room with a queen bed, they thought two single beds are ok. Clerck again was quite unhelpful, and only after lengthy (and frankly unpleasant) discussion I got the room with the queen bed.

On the other hand, lady I've met next day was super helpful, forthcoming and proactively proposing better solutions, which I highly appreciate.

So in the end, I think I will visit GEM again on my next stay there. And hope that the service will be better.

Ah. WiFI good work better, sometimes it was looisng signal, but rarely enough to not upset me ;)

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2015

friendly staff ,very clean , nice location by the river ,very good food ad the restaurant very nice staff speaks english good brekfast has secure parking with friendly parking attendents olso secured at nigth every one welcoming nice patio
unfortunetly the pool and hut tab has to be prebooked we did not have luck to have any avalable spaces in 12 nigts

Room Tip: we had room 212 with double bed and sofa bed
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2015

As listed there is a pool in the hotel, and it was the very reason I've chosen the Hotel, but we learned that the pool will be closed upon the arrival, and no one could do anything about that, since there was no management and no one could give us the contact for them, left the hotel after one night, never did that before, but I felt i'm being scammed. bad experience

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends