All reviews the main square old town square great location no lift ham in addition next morning top floor old style bread nice hotel jana apartment beer menu plate building
Reviewed 24 November 2017

This hotel is located right on Tarnów's main square. That can cause a bit of a problem with car parking spaces, as there're many restrictions for cars in strict town centre. We were lucky to find a space on a side road, just round the corner from hotels door, but if you can't find anything for yourself - just park anywhere safe for a while, pop into reception, they will direct you to their parking (opposite side of the main square) and will issue a permit to drive in pedestrianised zone in front of the hotel. Front of the building completely covered by restaurant tables with big umbrellas. Reception by the end of long hall. And than stairs... lots of them, getting more and more narrow, as we climb to the top floor. No lift, as the building is listed, and there's no space for such modern feature. Exhausted we got to our room, or rather apartment. Massive, taking the whole of that floor, with two big bedrooms, supersize living area and a working space with desk and whatever you need. Wi-Fi worked good. We were there on one of hot summer night - no air-con in the room, no way you can sleep with windows open wide, as the noise from all restaurants on the square was just enormous, large fan in our room improved slightly situation, working all night long, and we even didn't hear its noise. We were very happy with the room and the breakfast next morning, few issues mentioned here - can't see how they can fix them, but after all - those didn't ruin our stay, they were just minor problems. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: top floor apartment
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I visited Tarnow on a Sunday afternoon in late September as I had time to kill. The main tourist season for Tarnow was clearly over and the town was quiet, but this was one of the few places that showed much sign of life as there was one couple eating outside.

I got a reasonable chicken kier and a beer plus a coffee, all for a very reasonable price and experienced pleasant service. It was all very acceptable, without being remarkable. Quite happy.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I'm originally from there so I happen to know the area quite well. This time my sister and I decided to stay at the hotel to have a little extra freedom.
There is nothing better when it comes to location you can walk literally everywhere; theatre , restaurants , shops anything you would possibly need is right there.
It's very old and some would say outdated , when really they are just keeping the old style. We loved it.
Food is amazing you need to try everything on the menu! It's really a must , also everyone working there was absolutely amazing, they went above and beyond for us. We arrived really late at night almost 1:00 am and the kitchen was closed , they went back there and made us a tray of sandwiches. Amazing!
Will be staying there again for sure!
Try the food!!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a church festival with my aged mother, and we had booked a suite with two bedrooms. Unfortunately access to the bathroom was through the second bedroom and so for two such adults who both like a little privacy and get up for the loo in the night it simply wasn't on. In fact the room is really a ridiculously large one bedroom suite as is the one besides it and the two directly below them. They are full of unusable space. Hideous sitting areas with no purpose. Ghastly pictures placed too high on the walls, or perhaps not high enough!
With a little imagination and in a different world this could have Michelin accolades but not here. False ceilings in a C13 th building? The rooms do face the square which I found lovely but others will hate on account of noise. Dinner and breakfast were perfectly adequate and the big plus point is the dedication of the staff; its family run. A renovation was running over schedule and the owner was at his wits end, even before I chipped in, but he put a brace face on and diffused the situation by giving me the 'budget' room which was actually quite nice but had a drain problem and so smelt, in order to leave my mother in peace. It's not bad, and I will go back, if they will have me after this review, which is fair and honest, as are they!
In Krakow such rooms would be twenty times the price, even if such things existed. If you make sure you have a suite each, you'll be fine.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed this summer and enjoyed my stay. It was like stepping back in time but with all the creature comforts. Large clean rooms with comfortable bed. The food was great and staff pleasent. Kitchen was happy to vary the menu slightly upon request without an issue. I met up with friends who stayed else where but had wished they stayed here. The owners were there and spoke perfect English and we're more than happy to provide some valuable travel tips.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo