“Bit of a let down but still a good experience.”

Oskar Schindler's Factory
Ranked #2 of 319 things to do in Krakow
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Housed in the former administrative building of Oskar Schindler factory, Emalia, is a museum that tells the story of Schindler and the Jewish prisoners of Plaszow who were the inspiration for Steven Spielberg's hit movie, "Schindler's List."
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The desk sort of sums it up. The tour was very much based just around Poland's general link in WW2. It had little reference to Shindler as the last maybe 5 or 10 minutes he actually started to talk about the factory. It turns out they sold part of the factory to an art gallery, I personally didn't go down there after. The guide seemed pretty scripted as I asked a question or two and there was a clear Language barrier between me and the guide even though he'd spoke English. It is worth a vist if your around Krakow, but it's nothing amazing in my opinion, I sort of expected more but that was just me.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,520)
All reviews
in 185 reviews
"film"
in 889 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I learnt more about the man from the film Schindler's list!!!
We were on a tour which was rushed,too big and very hard to follow as it was almost impossible to keep up. By the time we moved into a room the guide would already be moving into the next one. I think the tour was just over an hour and I was none the wiser.
The museum may be good. I didn't get the chance to see enough of it to really comment.
If you do go do not go on the tour and most definitely pre-book your tickets.
I would not recommend.

1  Thank B M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we enjoyed this tour. You must allow 2 hours and tours stop 2 hours before closing hours. Within walking distance of old town

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with OH and really didn't get the full benefit of it... Far too many large groups - loud speaking in foreign languages, blocking walkways and monopolizing exhibits. Wish the admissions had been monitored. Spoiled it for us.