“Newly found gem in Indian cuisine”

Red Brick - bar & indian cuisine
Ranked #84 of 197 Restaurants in Olomouc
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Description: Red Brick is a stylish bar and Indian restaurant (indické restaurace) located in a historical building that was a part of military fortifications of the Olomouc city. We are at right opposite to Theresian Gate, which is one of the main Olomouc monuments.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I usually visit Aroma Indian restaurant in Olomouc. But once when walking through one backstreet there, my nose was hit by the most amazing smell of Indian food, it made me hugely emotional and next day, I had to look up what it was and had to come back. I have to say that the place looks more like a big pub, at least the room where I was. Staff is incredibly friendly and polite (once I met some Indian guys there and later in the evening, a Czech guy was serving there). The menu is more than satisfying for any Indian food lover. I chose 1 mushroom-peas meal with peas and cumin rice, naan bread and cucumber lemonade. All was absolutely delicious and the portions were huge - I was really struggling to finish it, but they also offer to give you the rest with you. Later in the evening I asked for pina colada coctail which was not even on the menu, and was presented with a lovely drink in a bit. The only thing I would prefer differently would be more traditional music (maybe a cross between English/Indian traditional music), but I understand that the place is not just Indian so it has to satisfy broader masses :) I will definitely come back once in Olomouc again. Eva

Mahaveer P, Owner at Red Brick - bar & indian cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Eva,
Red Brick - Bar & Indian cuisine team thanks a so much for such a big review and you have just won our hearts. And a very big thanks from Chef as he read your review personally. We have no words to describe how emotional we felt with your words but we feel proud that we manage quality with quantity. Yes as you are mentioned we are like a pub and this is because few of our regular guest love to sit here and drink. Coming about Music we do play Indian songs during lunch hours but by evening people throw the coins in Jukebox and they choose their song as we have jukebox in pub. Anyways we are now trying our best towards great customer service and quality food. We really appreciate your time and specially great words toward our business. I am being as owner of business, I am very happy with my team that they are doing great behind me.

Thank you very much once again.
Regards
Mahi.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

this place is unique in the sense that it suits both families, kids for enjoying Indian food and also for sport lovers with czech beer. nice brick building, good location and service.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I went there with my friends, and we were looking for Indian restaurant, luckily we find red brick, it looks great, food is authentic Indian, highly recommended.

Mahaveer P, Owner at Red Brick - bar & indian cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you very much for being so nice customer :)

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Best place ever, seriously you guys, go in there, have fun. Nice place, very kind people, nothing to add, pure brilliantness

Mahaveer P, Vlastník at Red Brick - bar & indian cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you very much for your visit, Hope to see you soon once again..

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I was here based on online reviews. I stay in Olomouc quite a lot and never realised that the Red Brick was so close to Theresian Hotel. My criteria for Indian is it must have a tandoor and no disappointment here. I had the chicken tikka and there were 6 massive pieces of chicken breast, moist and with mint chutney. Garlic naan was good and a matar paneer curry also excellent. I would highly recommend and they do takeaway. Closed Sunday

Mahaveer P, Owner at Red Brick - bar & indian cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you very much for your great words towards our business. We really appreciate it and we look forward for your next visit. Thanks once again.

Regards