“Hidden gem”

Retro Consistorium
Ranked #34 of 989 Restaurants in Brno
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was completely blown away by the restaurant. After spending a few days in Prague, we were a little disappointed with Brno. Our experience at Retro Consistorium was however the best meal of the holiday. There venue is upmarket, and the service very good. The food was perfectly prepared and absolutely magnificent. Overall a great experience and highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was taken here by business associates. Modern restaurant with a nice atmosphere, good service and food.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

We went to this restaurant for a special dinner. Not only was the food disappointing, but downright disgusting. This evaluation concerned the plate with the swordfish, shrimp and grilled vegetables. The swordfish was really tough and tasteless, the shrimp almost raw with a stale, strange taste, and "grilled vegetables" rubbery, again without flavor. Since I did not want to make a scene by sending the food back (which I regretted later), I salted it all to give it at least some flavor and ate it, but as I continued, I felt rather revolted. My husband had a risotto, which was rather mediocre, certainly nothing special or gourmet. And BTW, the fried chickpeas served as part of complementary appetizer were rancid and could not be eaten at all. The Moravian wine was good - I wish I could say it was a saving grace, but really, there was no saving of this meal - even with the free tiramisu and coffee offered to us once I expressed my opinion about the dinner. - Sadly, no one came to ask about the meal while we ate, which should be a standard in a "fine dining" restaurant. As someone else noted here before me - not really a fine dining, just high prices.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Nice atmosphere restaurant in old city center, very good food (little bit italian or spanish style with tapas) and very good choice of local or international wines.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

It was our first visit but we enjoyed that a lot and we will go back. It is the perfect location and the food was just awesome. The service was nice as well. I would recommend them to have the bigger portions of the soup (79 CZK and it was pretty small) and the same with the main course. But the meal was great so it is the only reason why I am not giving 5 stars. We will be back so work on it :-)

1  Thank Tomas V