“Underground place for weed smokers”

Absinthovy Bar Naproti
Ranked #256 of 1,147 Restaurants in Brno
Reviewed 27 December 2019

As usually, full of weed smoke, loud and crowded. I recommend the place if you go for absinthe or spirit shots. The whole place was waited on Friday night by 1 waitress only. She was managing, but she run around as crazy.
The place doesn't offer cocktails, but the waitress offered me the simplest one - Cuba Libre. She returned to our table with half liter glass full of cola. I didn't feel any alcohol in it so I asked about it. I was told that there is 1 rum shot. I asked about the second one so I can add it to my glass full of cola. The waitress forgot about me and my order. She returned in 1 hour apologizing and asking if I still want that extra shot. In the end, I went for 1 separate one.
All together, I paid 200 crowns so it must have been some fancy rum shots.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (18)

Reviewed 24 December 2019 via mobile

When I read reviews of a place, I always start with negative ones. In this case, I completely disagree with them. This is a local pub, giving the impression "for regulars". The customers seems to know the staff, which makes to feel hospitality and kindness. Two people tried to serve us, so we absolutely did not feel left out. Absinth is served from the fountain, unfortunately no fire and sugar, but you can still feel a very interesting atmosphere inside. A huge selection of absinth and although I'm not an expert myself, the bartender gave the impression of being well-educated in the field of alcohol. Prices very affordable. The restaurant is unfortunately very neglected, but maybe that's what adds to its charm. However, it would be worth a little work on the bathroom - this should give comfort to customers. In addition, without objections - I'm glad we tasted a bit of local color there.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 16 August 2019

customer service is absolute excrement, as in pretty much any place over there. you come inside and wait for their majesties to notice you, wait and wait, and then go almost beg them to serve you.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 18 July 2017

A friend of mine has introduced me to this place, while I was visiting Brno.
The place is situated just outside old town (5-10 min walk).
First impressions as I walked in were "this looks like true underground". Really big selection of Absinthe at reasonable prices. Drink is served with the fountain, but with no sugar. Staff can recommend Absinthe based on your liking and are very friendly.
Some people might not like this place due to its laid back atmosphere and that underground feel. But regardless, if you are new to Absinthe or you have already met the green fairy few times, you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Great choice of absinthe, including the proper way of serving this magical potion... Often crowded place, secluded from general public. The bartenders are friendly and they play good choice of music. This place will suit people who don't look for fancy interiors etc, but rather seek proper atmosphere of underground bars.

Date of visit: March 2017