“Surprisingly delicious meal-excellent service”

Grandezza Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 999 Restaurants in Brno
Price range: US$250 - US$600
Cuisines: Italian
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. The first night I walked for ages looking for a casual place to eat as I felt I needed to explore. The 2nd night I stayed and ate at the hotel. Wow! The service was exceptional. My waiter, Jaro, took the time to ask me frequently how my meal was and even replaced my wine as he had just opened a fresh bottle.
I had mi-cuit delicate cold salmon to start and a delicious shrimp risotto, and a perfect cappuccino.
I don't know why I was so surprised. I guess I assumed, hotel restaurant is status quo, but this wasn't. Even if you ré not staying at the hotel (which is also beautiful), the meal is worth through trip.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We had dinner there, very good meals, profesional service. In 4 days we spent all menu of this trend restaurant. We met there
only few guests.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Finding the right Brno restaurant to be sure that the whole group of ten business people could fall in love with it was not difficult. Why? - we knew what we wanted. We wished to eat and drink something great, superb, memorable and we did have it at the Grandezza restaurant. We were offered dishes using top quality ingredients, meals in the Italian style which is both healthy and joyful. We loved their ability to listen to everyone and fulfil our expectations in the best way - thanks.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The restaurant was very nice and we enjoyed dinner and a basic breakfast buffet. My review rating is partially based on the breakfast and partially the information provided by the hotel. We were informed when we checked in there was a complimentary breakfast, we just had to see the front desk first. When we went to see the front desk, they said we had bad information and it was not complimentary. We chalked it up to a language barrier on our end, and decided to have breakfast anyway. Later that day I was at the front desk for another reason, I overheard staff telling another customer checking in that the breakfast was complimentary -- so they must have another meaning for the word "complimentary". When we checked out, we found the breakfast was 60 EU (for 2). Quite excessive since 1 night stay was only 97 EU. Unfortunately I had already rated the hotel on TA by that time and I could not adjust my review accordingly.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with friends on Sunday after the motogp, the service was excellent and the food really was exceptional, we tried some Czech wine as recommended by our waiter and finished with coffee and Japanese whiskey.