“Best chimney cake ice cream!”

Good Food, Karlova 8
Ranked #2 of 32 Bakeries in Prague
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed June 24, 2016

Saw this place with a friend on Instagram and Buzzfeed. Since we were going to Prague, we decided to visit. First of all, the bakery is located in a lovely and accessible spot. The staff is super friendly and the service is super fast. Paid 4,40 euro for one serving of delicious vanilla soft serve chimney cake ice cream, which was one of the best desserts I have ever had. It's super filing, scrumptious and perfect for photos! Definitely worth a visit!

2  Thank hardpliers

Reviewed June 17, 2016

I heard so much of Trdelnik (chimney) desert and how delicious it is, that finally when I got to Prague it was my turn to give it a try…
After a lovely walk on a Charles Bridge, few short steps away towards the Old Town Square, is announcing its presence with a sweet cinnamony scent Good Food Coffee and bakery..
A dough wrapped around the metal cones is spinning over the open fire to bake what is to be a bake to a potentially delicious desert on its own or filled with whipped cream, ice cream or many other varieties of fruity filings.
Smell was fantastic, dough turning golden brown color was screaming “pick me, pick me”.
Once the cone is baked and taken out from the baking form, is sprinkled with a mix of sugar, cinnamon and crushed nuts.
My choice of filling – ice cream.
Unfortunately, what was going to be a promising desert was quite disappointing. Dough had a feeling of being undercooked and quite raw in the middle, there was too much sugar in the coating mixture making it way too sweet to enjoy and the ice cream was bland and watery with runny consistency with no distinctive flavor into it.
Since the dough was undercooked it was messy and hard to eat, as it was breaking off in large dragging pieces exposing too much the ice cream filling which were melting away instantly dripping all over.
Disappointing… One desert of this sort is enough for a day and as much as I have seen people enjoying the Trdelnik at over locations in the city, I did not have my second chance during that visit.
There is something left to look forward to for the next visit, but this time I’ll try it somewhere else.

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

While I was in Prague the last few days I tried 3 different trdelnik's. This was by far the best one I've had so far. The pasty was extremely fresh, the soft ice cream was great with an almost custard like taste and was filled with warm melted Nutella. It was divine ! One of the best ice creams I've had anywhere. A must-go when in Prague

Reviewed June 12, 2016

Its a small and wonderful place that serves amazing Tredlník (mainly), coffee n other stuff. We were so happy just to be there before entering and exiting the old town. Fresh Tredlník baked in front of your eyes. There is a very gracefully lady, who I guess runs the place is so awesome. Made our Prague trip memorable with her warm attitude.

Reviewed June 10, 2016

The Trdelník at this place was featured in a Buzzfeed article which made me excited to try it out. The bakery is located a few minutes away from Charles Bridge in a convenient location. I opted for Blizzard, which is Trdelník topped with soft serve ice cream and it costs 110czk (about 3-4 pounds). It was slightly on the sweet side and made a nice cool dessert on a warm summer's night, but it was little more than a normal pastry to try out if you are in the area and looking for traditional Czech sweets to tick off your bucket list.