“Fantastic local pub!!!”

Ranked #4,492 of 5,937 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Exceptional food at very reasonable prices. This place was recommended by someone we met on one of tours and we decided to stop by for lunch! We enjoyed an amazing meal at this pub. It has a rustic look about it. Staff we very helpful and friendly. Their english was not excellent, thus the reason some may feel they are rude BUT they were very friendly and helpful. Pork knee was awesome, as was the beef with bread dumplings. Massive portions by the way...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,131)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I simply cannot believe what happened ... my friends were sitting there and eating and drinking ... I arrived a bit later and as my phone was off, kindly requested the bartender to put my charger in the plug ... and he answered "No" ... I looked extremely surprised ... he said "I do not have plug" ... I looked shocked ... "he said only in the kitchen" ... then I kindly asked "please put then in the kitchen" ... and after he started to shout to me in local language in a very bad manner ... I simply do not have any explanation for this behaviour ... I am 41 years old lady ...

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wrong food delivered after a long wait. One order forgotten altogether. Undelivered and unordered dishes added to the bill. Our meals were industrial in quality. The only thing that flowed well was the beer.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Good beer, reasonably priced..
Food was good and was surprisingly filling!
Watch out for their pretzels as they aren't complimentary along with other condiments given out..
Became our regular haunt on our weekend trip.

1  Thank JCMoran94
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch after walking all morning. Great serving of beer. Food was hearty.

Place was okay. It was not that welcoming. Staff was nice, but kind of in their own world.

This restaurant is large. We didn't realize there were other entrances and technically anther restaurant attached.

Food was good, just nothing to write home about. If you're hungry you'll be happy. We mainly chose this place based on beer price. 50czk or 2 euro was the avg cost of the beer. It is a good guide to go by to avoid tourist traps.

We thought about visiting a second time, but decided on other places to eat. I would come back based on the fact it will familiar.