“More than before”

Price range: US$83 - US$118
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: In the Michelin star award-winning Alcron Restaurant (2012 - 2016), an intimate restaurant with seating for only 24 people, guests can select from an extensive tasting menu featuring fresh fish & seafood prepared with creativity and flair by one of the best chefs in Prague, Roman Paulus. From the stunning wall painting showing couples dancing before a backdrop of skyscapers; to the rich Art Deco details, especially the original fireplace door dating from 1932, when the hotel opened, the restaurant provides a unique and romantic atmosphere. The Alcron's famed gourmet cuisine, its splendid surroundings and gracious service, ensure a truly memorable evening.
Reviewed August 18, 2017

This is my third visit to the restaurant and all I can say is: amazing! Every dish is the real masterpiece, both beautifully served and the taste is fantastic. I really love the atmosphere and outstanding service. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 18, 2017

The decor and "white glove" service are super old school, classic - maybe a little over the top if you weren't expecting it. But it totally works here. The food is fantastic - I did not, for once, write down everything we ate so I don't remember everything. But I DO remember not NOT loving a single thing. (I also remember the foie gras which was, hands down, the best we've ever had (foie gras marinated with red currant and peanut butter biscuit). There was also something I got that seemed like a lot of goat cheese to eat in one sitting, but it wasn't at all overwhelming and it was the kind of goat cheese I was happy to eat a lot of. The homemade butters were wooooonderful.

The flavors were all excellent and the service was flawless. Even though it was a spontaneous choice, we had no problem getting an early lunch reservation immediately.

I also really loved that it was such a small place - I think I saw that they have room for only 24 people, with only a handful of tables. It's very cozy, intimate setting and though we had our main server, the three servers there were clearly working together and helping each other out. Every detail was attended to, they even gave us a box with two homemade macarons to take home.

I had lived in Prague for a few years, many many years ago and realized I had passed this place often. But I couldn't afford to eat here back then (even through it's extraordinarily reasonable given it's a Michelin Star restaurant.) It was a just a lovely experience all around, especially given that I was feeling a little heartsick about revisiting my old home city. I would go back again in a heartbeat. (And we could afford to go back - as I said, my husband and I found the cost to be extraordinarily reasonable, even had we gone for the full 7 courses. We INTENDED to do 7 courses but just got full and stopped with 4.)

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

An incredible meal. With only a few tables available, the atmosphere is intimate yet still welcoming. The staff were incredibly attentive and knowledgable, with the sommelier making excellent recommendations and the kitchen catering to our last minute request for a vegetarian tasting menu (I'd forgotten to mention it in advance for my girlfriend!).
The food was amazing. It's not cheap, but is incredible value for the quality of food and for the service. On the whole - a fantastic evening that made for a very memorable experience. If I'm ever in Prague again (which I certainly hope to be!) I would definitely come back to eat here.

We both had the tasting menu with wine pairing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

This was our 25th Anniversary dinner and it was lovely. Each dish a taste sensation. We were a little nervous about dinner like this in a foreign country, but we neednt have. It was spectacular. Like being on masterchef :) Staff friendly and helpful, food fantastic, decor art deco. Modern but old fashioned class.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary at Alcron during our visit in Prague. And while we hoped it deserved its Michelin star, we did not know what to expect from a high standing Czech restaurant. We can say confidently that this might have been one of the very best restaurant we have been to and we tried many starred restaurants in Belgium, France and London!
The chef' creativity transpired both in the visual presentation of the dish as well as in the mix of textures and tastes. Every dish was more surprising than the previous one and the waitress took care of ordering them gradually in terms of savours.
The wine pairing was truly remarkable and very surprising. When the sommelier served us a glass of acidulated red wine to go with the foie gras terrine, I did not know what to expect and was delighted to realise how perfect the mix was.
The a la carte formula of selecting up to 7 dishes is unique and gives a couple the option to try many of their specialties. For those who feel overwhelmed by the choice available, Alcron has selected their best dishes in a 6 course tasting menu.
The service was as deserving of their star as the food and wines.

1  Thank Simon d