“Breakfast ”

Bistro De France
Ranked #1,608 of 6,047 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French, Fast Food
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Malá Strana (Little Quarter)
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my wife and sister the morning of 2nd May 2018 for breakfast, and we were greeted with dirty looks once we walked in! There were no customers so I asked them if they were open and they hesitantly said yes. They kept looking at each other, then looking at us with a dry smirk! As we were going to seat ourselves because no one welcomed us or bothered to offer us a table one of the staff rushed towards me and started shouting for trying to bring two tables together as none of the other tables were fit for us. She screamed: “No! here no, she pushed me aside and separated the tables” then the other staff started to laugh at us!!! We were shocked by the amount of rudeness and walked out.

We are a well-traveled family and have been to so many restaurants and never in my life did I encounter such rudeness from restaurant staff. My only explanation for their rudeness is that they hate Muslims, but even if they do they could have told us they were closed when we walked in instead of making that dramatic show.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We stayed in the Old Royal Post Apartments across the walkway and had breakfast here which was the perfect choice. The bistro is very small and they had a hard time making some of the dishes we requested because we were a party of 5 and their kitchen was very limited but the ham and cheese croissant was truly amazing. There service was perfect and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We came for coffee yesterday and had to come back again even high we are staying in Ild Town. It is worth the distance. Lovely food lovely staff and the best cream brûlée . Husband enjoyed the cheese platter and especially the blue. Highly recommended

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice and cosy place. Very courteous staff, tasty food and decent portions. I am very grateful to Peter, probably a manager of the bistro, who offered me a charger for my completely dead phone! Without him and this nice gesture I would not have been able to continue my itinerary. Thank you Peter!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I ate a croquemonsieur (toast with ham and cheese) for 240 czk (about 10 euro) the food is listed under ‚main courses‘ - its not worth the money at all - i complained about the little portion but the waiter told me it‘s normal - no come towards from him - okay, so you get this bad review from me..

1  Thank Martin W