“A very quirky building!”
Review of Dancing House

Prague Vltava River Sightseeing Cruise
Ranked #138 of 1,079 things to do in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It's a modern building designed in 1996 by the american architect frank O. Gehry. On top there is a beautiful overview of the town with an external terrace of a bar. The external building remember two dancers and it is usually called by the citizen, Ginger and Fred.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Strange building but an interesting site for sure. Not too crowded so we enjoyed the peaceful surrounding. We did not go inside though.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,986)
All reviews
"landmark"
in 14 reviews
"viewpoint"

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The exterior of the Dancing House is extraordinary, definitely worth taking a peek. I don't have any experience about the hotel or the restaurant, but at the 7th floor there's a small bar. If you buy something from there, you get to visit the deck and observe the scenery from the top of the building.

1  Thank Maarit L
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The Dancing House on the banks of the Vltava River near the Jiraskov Bridge ( two down from the Charles Bridge ) is well worth a visit just to enjoy the querky modern architecture ( looks like two people dancing together ) amidst all the normal wonderful buildings but what makes this really worth visiting is the Hotel itself. Take the lift to the 7th floor and you will emerge next to the Ginger and Fred restaurant which looked very pleasant ( note the dancing theme ) but we took the few steps to the next floor and onto the rooftop to find a marvellous little café The Glass Bar selling great drinks hot and cold / beers and wines with gorgeous homemade cakes. The views were spectacular especially across the river to the castle and the fayre not at all expensive. There is seating at tables inside and cushioned bench seating outside. Top tip...please DO NOT enter the café just to see the view as this is unfair on the bar staff as they need the room to move around ......stop for a drink you will not regret it. The 2/3/17/21 Trams pass outside. Enjoy.

3  Thank GRAHAM C
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

After having been swamped by crowds in the Old Town for 2 days it was a welcome surprise to discover the altogether different architecture and comparative quietness of the New Town. I only went to check out the Dancing House and loved the juxtaposition of the modern building amongst its older counter parts. Worth a look!

1  Thank Lynn F
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to go here and it was probably a 30min walk for us.
We got to the reception area and there were just so many tourists stood with vacant faces... they were just stood doing nothing, so I quickly asked the reception which floor was the viewing balcony to which they just shouted '7'
I understand that's probably asked a lot but how am I to know? So we went past the group of blank faced tourists and headed for the 7th floor. We got there and there were people sat inside or you could sit outside I said let's go get a table outside and we will just get a drink. The waitress shouted at us as we opened the door and said you read !! There's a sign on the door saying the view is free if you buy a drink. So I said yeah ok we're gonna put our things down. She was like no you buy now. I thought god ok so we ordered 2 hot chocolates and I said to my partner I'll take my stuff out if you grab the drinks when they're ready as there clearly wasn't table service (or any type of service tbh) the woman shouted again! Because I was going without my drink so I just pointed to my other half and walked out the door. When I got there I realised there were no tables just little seats around the 'head' of one of the figures. We took our pics and drank our drinks. We dare leave them somewhere so we placed them on the counter and pointed to them to show we hadn't left them and she just did a little nod with a stern face. I know she probably thought we were trying to get a 'freebie' but we've just walked 30mins to see this place we just wanted to sit down for a minute! Jesus. Should be a more pleasurable experience.