“COULD be a 5 star”

Ranked #289 of 5,984 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Description: The brewery and restaurant U Tri ruzi in Prague is situated in the historical center on Husova street close to the famous Charles Bridge and Old Town Square. Right after your entering the feeling of the unique atmosphere of an Old-Prague brewery will overcome you. The feeling is intensified by wall-paintings by artists Jiri Bernard and Pavel Jakl who drew and painted pictures about the history of brewing in the Czech lands as the rich history of the house (the brewery U Tri ruzi).
Reviewed 18 December 2017

I went for a family dinner in our last night in Prague. A really nice weitress came to us, arranged a table and we order 4 beers. She didn't take note of anything and we trusted her good memory (she must be used to that afterall).
When the beers came, 1 of them was wrong. But ok, it's just a beer, we would drink more than one anyways.
When we decided to order the dinner, again, the same friendly lady came to get our orders. Again, no notes, again, when all the food came, my plate was wrong.
While all my family had our family dinner, but me (I wanted to eat what I ordered so I decided to wait) the manager came to our table and appologized in a gentle way.
When my dish finally came, the lady who ordered wrong twice, didnt even look at my face and simply threw the plate on the table. She didn't return to get any other orders from the table.
When we were ready to pay, and in my opinion it was obviously, we didn't give any tips. The manager who once was polite treated me rude and also didn't look at me while I paid and wished good night.
Seriously?! Such a touristic place and you guys didn't learn how to treat the clients?
If it wasn't for the three "small" incidents, it would be an amazing place as the food and beer are really tasty.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,135)

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

We visited for send time this time for a St Martin’s goose in all family. Beer was again wonderful, staff on a second floor much friendlier than downstairs. The goose wasnot bad but unfortunately over baked, I would not expect that from place like this. Salmon was good and hamburger was ok. Somehow I can’t get rid of a feeling that this could be a great pub, but small negligences spoil it. I will come again for beer, but probably not food.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely food and drink great value for money and very friendly, would recommend to anyone. We visited Prague for four days and came in here everyone of those days. If that isn’t a recommendation, I don’t know what is.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We was there two times.first time we wanted try a beer and, we ordered a local cheese and ham desk and local beer on first floor. Waiter was amazing, friendly and professional. We spent an amazing time in this place. On the next day we decided to eat something more. After when we came to this restaurant we met a unprofessional waiter, unpleasant and I guess, in bad mood. Food was really nice, pork ribs and schnitzel. Everything was unsalted, but maybe it's up to Czech cousine. So, food on four, first waiter on five with + and second waiter and service on 3. I mogę we didn't back again.

1  Thank Karolina T
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

If u wanna beer, go for this place. Otherwise the place may feel coldish and plain. The beer is excellent, but not too many choices of other drinks. Good for an evening with buddies.