All reviews big room no lift metro stop public transport excellent location creaky showering sleep
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Generally a very basic hotel but good location and did what we needed. Breakfast was very basic, bread was stale sometimes but fresh sometimes, but buffet style was good. Room was spacious but hardly anywhere to put clothes, just a small wardrobe but no draws at all. Toilet was a tiny room that you had to walk sideways into and move your head so it didn't hit the wall and the shower head holder was broken so sometimes it sprayed all over the place. However the bathrooms were clean and we got soap and clean white towels replaced a few times. Temperature of the room was an issue, sometimes shivering for hours but then roasting over night. The beds and mattresses were so rock solid hard and lumpy and uncomfortable, so quality of a nights sleep varied a lot. Nice quiet location and the staff were friendly and helpful. We were lucky we were on the ground floor as there are no lifts. When I was freezing I got an extra blanket provided in the trunk in the room and my blanket had about 5 big stains on it.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Highlights: good location (not far from the old city centre and public transportation stops - tram/bus: Jana Masaryka and metro line A (Náměstí Míru), very good price/quality, very kind staff and good service and REBUILD MODERN BATHROOM!

I wanted to explore Prague and visit a friend (who is an expat over there) for 8 days in total. I probably wouldn't spend too much time in my hotel, so I searched a clean basic residence with a good location only to take a good shower and have a nice sleep, no unnecessary fancy/expensive stuff . This residence didn't disappoint me and fulfilled all my needs! This residence was in the older days an historical flat-building (in Prague 2 - just few minutes outside the old city centre Prague 1) which they rebuild to an "hotel". But I like the name "residence" more. So I guess they split each big apartment into 2 rooms. To enter my room I got 3 keys; 1 for the front door of the building, 1 for the corridor and 1 for the door of my room. So your room is very secure and private. You even got you own doorbell/intercom! I heard no noise from the stairway or neighbours. The room itself was at ground floor with garden view, clean and big enough. If you have a room on the higher floors, keep in mind there is no elevator because it is a protected historical building, but the stairway is very spacious. I had 1 big double bed (as I asked), a table with 2 chairs, a minibar, a big wardrobe and a very modern REBUILD bathroom. So if you read bad reviews about the bathrooms, remember these reviews are OLD. I think most of the bathrooms are rebuild. If you are keen for having a rebuild bathroom, just send them politely an e-mail (as I did) and maybe they will give you room that answer to your needs. The reason why I wouldn't call it an hotel is very simple; they don't clean your room, make your bed and change your towels EVERY day. Why should you even expect it for this very democratic low price?! If you want this, for me: unnecessary, service, book an expensive hotel instead. If you stay for 7 nights they promise to change your towels and cheats at least one time (after 3 days). But they did it 3 times for me, and meanwhile the refilled the mini-bar. So thank you for this extra service!!! Also the mini-bar was like a positive shock: there was water, Capri-sun, Cola, Fanta, beer, apple cider, Red Bull, small bottles of strong drinks, snacks,... which were very cheap in comparison with other hotels. A Cola for example was 30 Czk - 1,15 Euro. Please keep this democratic price and lots of people will empty the minibar (like me) :-). Also the WiFi connection in the room was very good!!!

I didn't take the breakfast because I never do (too early for me :-D), so I don't know if it was OK. I went for "breakfast" with my friend in the city center or neighborhood.

To get to the hotel from the airport you definitely should take the public transportation, one of the best of Europe! Why do you need a (rip-off!) taxi while the public transportation is cheap and easy?! You can buy outside the terminal, at the bus stop, a ticket at the machine. It is easy to buy a 1 day ticket for just 110 CzK - 4,20 euro) or a 3 days ticket (maximum days in the machines) for 310 CzK - 12 euro. Or you can buy at a ticket office a 30 days ticket for 550 CzK - 21,10 eur. Do the math and take for a 7 day stay this last offer instead of buying 2 tickets for 3 days and 1 ticket for 1 day :-D. The ticket can be used on any type of Prague public transportation for the duration of the period for which the pass is valid. Just take the bus (119) to Nádraží Veleslavín and take Metro A to Náměstí Míru. From there you can take the tram to Jana Masaryka. Be careful with taxi's, some will rip you off. And oh...public transportation works day and night :D Use it, Google Maps Route will help you!

Conclusion: this residence is very good for those who want to visit Prague and don't want to waste their money on expensive fancy hotels. This residence offers you a comfortable stay on a good location! Be kind to the staff and they will be kind to you and offers you a great service. My friend from Prague will also advice this hotel to his other visitors.

Ps: I am not a blogger or a reviewer, just an enthusiastic traveller. The staff didn't knew I would write this review, but for me it was very good. I also took some pictures with my Canon. Excuse me to tilt your head for some pictures :D.

- Maybe 1 electronic key/badge would be more easier (but again, I understand it is difficult with the historical doors).
- Bad TV-signal, but who will watch this channels ?! Next time I'll just bring my ChromeCast and use the HDMI-port.
- Paying with card would be easier.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at ground floor (no elevator) and ask for a room with rebuild bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank AronV79
Radka H, Manažer at Residence Kralovsky Vinohrad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Aron,
thank you for finding time to write such a long review :)
We find all the points you made very usefull and I think that for many future guests it will be really helpful. We are glad that you had a good time at our residence and hope that you will come back again.
With regards from Prague,
Radka Hirschová, front office manager

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed this hotel it's in an old building in the quieter part of Prague which is a god send when you're tired!!! It is great value for money and the staff are really helpful and speak great English ... as long as you don't mind a creaky floor which goes hand in hand with an old building it is well worth the money!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Pros: excellent location in a very elegant neighborhood (Prague 2). 5 minutes by walk to the metro stop Namesti Miru. Big room with old but stylish features.
Cons: no lift, lack of service (we spend 4 nights and the room had never been cleaned. Unfriendly and unprofessional staff)

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Located in Prague 2 near namestie miru subway station which gives you a good mean of transport to almost everywhere and near tram 22 that takes you very close to the castle.
The neighbourhood is quiet, clean and with many bars and restaurants.
Only star that I took is for the little bit old look of the furniture even though I must say that the toilet and bathroom are up to date.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo