“Disappointing”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vršovice
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I came here for a late lunch one Saturday last month. We'd read the good reviews so were really looking forward to it. Our booking was for 14.30 and we were the only customers. It is quite a large restaurant so we were very surprised when 2 young Spanish girls arrived five minutes after us and chose to sit at the table next to us even though the waiter had taken them to a different table. As the Americans would say. Go figure!

It didn't get any busier whilst we were there. I ordered the goulash and was very disappointed with the quality of beef. All fat and gristle. The sauce was good though. The potato cakes served with it were oozing with grease. My wife enjoyed the rabbit.

The waiters were a bit intrusive. Probably because they were bored.

I wouldn't rush back here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is near Anna hotel. It has a good atmosphere, a quirky ascetic and tasty food. The meat is cooked perfectly. Beers are good, although they may give you a bit too much head!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was very luck I was staying a minute away from this place during my visit to Prague. It became my regular and what a lovely place this is. The food I Had was yummy and the bartenders were friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I had just arrived in Prague and wanted to CZECH out some authentic Czech food. We both got the braised beef in a creamy sauce with the bread-dumplings. The meal was tasty, and felt very authentic! Cheap beer (300ml for 30czk/£1) and quick smiley service from the staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

... expect such a nice interior seeing the restaurant from the outside. Nice mix of traditional base with funny ideas in Praha 2, far away from being a tourist trap.

I consider the food being excellent. Local cuisin at its best for a reasonable price.

Service was also excellent... so we really enjoyed this place.