“THE most delicious hot chocolate!!!”

Choco Cafe U Cervene Zidle
Ranked #8 of 277 Coffee & Tea in Prague
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

If you love chocolate you will LOVE this place. They make a range of real hot chocolate drinks. I had melted white hot chocolate and it was literally like drinking chocolate mmmmm. We also had the dreamiest chocolate cake that exists. Prices are very reasonable for the portion size and how delicious everything was. I will definitely be visiting this place on my next trip to Prague!

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

This cafe was recommended to us and even though the chocolate cake and nut cake were good, the chocolate and strawberry milkshakes were extremely disappointing.

After the chocolate milkshake was standing for 5 minutes, it had formed a layer of fat on top. Our waitress explained how they had made it, but the way she explained it, the milkshake should have at the very least tasted like chocolate flavoured milk. Instead it was fatty, vaguely coco flavoured water. To make matters worse, it was luke warm and cost more than the chocolate cake.

We were incredibly disappointed as the only excuse the waiter offered us was that there is no word in English to discribe what they offered.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

I ordered the chocolate milkshake and my brother in law ordered the strawberry milkshake.

Worst milkshake I have tasted.

I think it was a mixture of cocoa powder, fat free milk and luke warm water.

It was so bad I asked the water to explain how they make it and inquire if they understood what a milkshake is. Just incase I was unfairly accusing them.

She said they used half cocoa powder, milk and crushed ice.
I find this impossible as mine was the consistency of water and had an ice cube floating on the top.

To the owners:
Your "milkshake" is flavored water or at best chocolate milk.

A milkshake is made from ice cream, milk, flavoring and sometimes crushed ice.

I suggest getting a better recipe or removing it from your menu as its false advertising.

I was not refunded for my chocolate water which cost 65 krona which was more than the cake.

Extremely dissatisfied and would not recommend getting the "milkshake"

The hot chocolate was good though on a lighter note!

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Don't order a milkshake!!! No matter the circumstances. It must mean something different to the rest of the world! The hot chocolate and cake is good but the milkshakes must be avoided at all costs!!

Reviewed August 6, 2016

Simple and to the point, a hot chocolate that is not stupidly sweet and cloying. Good bitter chocolate flavour with a creamy milk and nut aftertaste. Perfect on a drizzling Prague afternoon.