“Husbands Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: European, French, Czech, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Description: In the restaurant you can enjoy friendly and calm atmosphere of French countryside even if you are in the centre of Prague. The restaurant is located close to upper corner of Wenceslas Square (150 m from Museum metro station and 300 m from I.P. Pavlova metro station). On the menu you can find steaks and other dishes from aged Charolaise beef produced by Czech farmers, lamb from our farm, fruit brandy produced in our own distillery and various French specialities. The “secret” tip is a dessert prepared by liquid nitrogen (-196C°) right next to your table. Name of the restaurant “White cow” refers to the world´s best breed originating from the French town called Charolais. Founding of the restaurant almost twenty years ago is closely connected with a breeding company, which imported Charolaise cows from France and it breaded here in the Czech Republic. We use beef from young Charolaise bulls raised on meadows of Moravian Highlands. On blackboard nearby of entrance each customer can find bull´s identification number, age and exact length of meat aging. On the top of that in the restaurant you can taste lamb from our farm, fruit brandy produced in our own distillery and many more. We like to say that in our restaurant you really „Know, what you eat“ and „Know what you drink.
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband had dinner here tonight and it was amazing. I booked via e mail a couple of months ago and at last the day arrived to go. I had goose liver pate and my husband had goats cheese to start. Excellent. We then shared the steak platter for 2 with 2 sides. We asked for medium and that's what we got. Absolutely beautiful. We had no room left but we finished off with the cheese sharing board and a bottle of red wine. The staff were very attentive. The meal was superb and the bill was so reasonable considering what we had. We come from Scotland and the bill could easily of been tripled back home. If you love steak don't hesitate to book. Fab.

1  Thank BlackieEdinburgh

Reviewed August 17, 2017

We (a family of four) went to that restaurant based on the reviews and we were not disappointed.
The meal was absolutely delicious.
We had various starters, steak and fish as a main, and crème brûlée for pudding.
Everything was superb including the service.
In our opinion it was the best meal we had in Prague in 4 days we stayed there.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Easily one of the nicest steak meals I've had at a restaurant, and you must try the potato gratin!

My partner and I both ordered the entrecote, as it seemed the best value for money. In comparison to other restaurants in Prague, this place is more expensive, but not more than your average UK pub meal would cost, and you get much better quality food. We both ordered a side of potato gratin, and I ordered the burgundy shallot, my partner ordered the peppercorn sauce. The steak was cooked as asked, had lots of flavour, and overall the meal was what I'd expect to pay a lot more for if I was at home.

Prior to the meal we were also served complementary fois gras and bread, which was also very tasty. Service was good, and everything came beautifully presented.

We will be returning to Prague, and also to Bila Krava.

2  Thank VanillaRed
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Booked online a week before after reading reviews, couldn't fault the restaurant.

Small friendly feeling.

Had the steak share plater, absolutely delicious, husband was in steak heaven. Cooked to perfection.

Desert was ice cream made at the table with liquid nitrogen, what an experience! Served with mixed fruit. Also crème brûlée lovely and creamy.

Home made raspberry lemonade with chunks of raspberry in the drink, best in Prague.

1  Thank Jk04uk
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We wanted to have dinner there but the place was completely booked, so we came for lunch.

We are all meat lovers and this place is certainly a place for a family like ours.

We had different dishes and they were all really good.

Highly recommended!