See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

There was little to no road signage in advance of arriving at the turnoff for the hotel. The place is clean and quiet. The rooms are spacious. Our room was carpeted, not the beautiful hardwoods shown in the photos. The rooms have no A/C. The staff spoke no English. Not to suggest that everyone in the world should speak English, but this property obviously caters to more Germans and Austrians.

The dining room leaves MUCH to be desired. The food is under seasoned, unimaginative, and mediocre. They served mashed potatoes (wrongly translated as gnocchi), creamed spinach, and beef tongue. I’m sure some adore this food, just not my cup of tea. The WiFi signal in the room was poor.

There are those who will speak highly of this property, but, having travelled pretty extensively and staying at another Sporthotel property in the South Tyrol region, you could do better than this.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2016

We found this hotel to be a wonderful deal. Along with the clean modern room, we also had access to the spa, and dinner and breakfast were included in the price. We stopped in fairly early in the day since it was on the way from our previous stay in Austria. We wanted to make sure we found it in the daylight. It is a little out of the way so we were glad we made that choice. While we were checking in, the waiter came from the dining room to get our dinner order. After checking in we headed onto Cesky Krumlov for lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon touring the town and Christmas market. We got back later in the evening to find that we had an assigned table in the restaurant. We had a very nice dinner there and then went to the spa. Definitely could tell it was off season since we were the only ones there. They have the requisite sauna area plus a small indoor pool and nice hot tub. We enjoyed having the opportunity to relax after many hours of walking around town. We finally headed to our room. It was very nice with a towel warmer in the bath and a skylight over the bed. It was a bit tight, as the bed was directly against the wall on one side but it was clean and comfortable. At breakfast we were once again escorted to our reserved table and were please with the nice variety at the buffet. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Very nice and calm hotel good for relaxing and winding down. The hotel is very quiet and clean, the wellness area is nice with two types of sauna and a steam bath. No children under 16 allowed in the wellness part. In addition there is an indoor pool and a jacuzzi in the 'open' area plus a small fitness/workout area.
In the wellness area fresh water, tea and apples are available for free as well as towels. Bathrobes are included in the room.
Special credits for the restaurant offering very good food and top service.
All staff is very friendly, polite and helpful to make your stay relaxing and pleasant.
We enjoyed our stay very much and can fully recommend this place!

Room tip: All rooms are quiet. The beds are quite hard, so when booking ask for an additional soft mattress.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2015

This hotel offered a calm and friendly place. They had friendly staff. The rooms were neat and clean. The spa facilities were excellent. I enjoyed my stay since my child could utilize all the games they had in the hotel.

Compared to similar hotels in Germany, this was a super-super bargain. I would go there again.

The location was excellent. My family and I required a place away from the busy cities. We enjoyed the rural environment of the hotel. It was super quit. There was a clean beautiful river flowing near by. The birds were chirping in the woods near by. I enjoyed my morning walks.

I was also happy to have tried the SEGWAY . It was the first time I tried it. It was about 10 Euros for 30 mins, which I think was good value for money.

Although the food was great, on two days they served a grill meal. They offered a variety of meats. Some of the meat did not taste all that fresh, like the chicken Drum sticks. It tasted like it was taken out of a freezer rather than fresh meat. , but it was not bad either. At least there were some reasonable choices to go for in case I did not like some tings.

Keep up the good work.Thank you for the warm hospitality.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank aero777
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

It is a great place with beautiful surrounding, good accomodation, very good level of service, staff is always helpful and smiling. The cuisine is tasty. The are outdoor tennis, indoor squash, ping pong, indoor and outdoor pool available.

Date of stay: October 2013