Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrew_Kellie
Singapore

The only place around

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 18, 2020
Aptly named Long Beach in San Vicente, we were staying at the only hotel, Club Agutaya. With only a few guests we were upgraded to a villa, lovely! After a surprisingly good lunch (we’d been warned the food wasn’t great) of pandan fried chicken, coconut vegetables and fritti of eggplant and fish we walked the sandy path to the beach where we stayed for the rest of the day. A rubbish free beach and crystal clear water.

We were only here for one night but everything was really lovely, the staff in the restaurant were especially great and the cocktails delicious. Only issue we had was the next day we had arranged a driver through the hotel, he was an hour late and the staff on the front desk didn't really do anything.
Date of stay: October 2019
    ₱1,468
36.2 km from Club Agutaya Resort
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in San Vicente
All reviews long beach awesome resort tours palawan island balloons boatman
Selected filters
Reviewed January 30, 2020

I really wanted to like this hotel so much, but......
Here are the pro's and con's
Pro's
-on the most amazing, beautiful, undeveloped, and quiet stretch of beach.
-(most) staff were so nice and pleasant.
- awesome hammocks by the beach
-attempt at using less plastic - water available everywhere in the hotel
- pricey for the area, but relatively cheap drinks and food
- beautiful grounds (unfortunately not taken care of well enough
- complimentary bikes (they aren't great and are tiny, but free is free!)

Con's
- grounds aren't well cared for....pool had wires running around / through it!!!
-parts of the hotel seem only half built
- try to nickel and dime you on pricing. I noticed they were charging people different prices for scooters in the hotel, so I brought someone to the front desk who had gotten a lower price, so that I could enjoy the same price, and the staff clearly noticed they had been caught
- I had asked about doing a boat tour. and was specifically told they do the boat tours right from the hotel (benefit of the doubt, perhaps it was a miscommunication) I pointed to the beach and asked if they leave from the hotel's beach. it was confirmed yes. the price was $2000 php. + some random fee of $50. well, I was driven to town and it was subbed out to another company who charges only $1200!!!!!! then to add insult to injury, I was told upon check out that I should just give them cash, otherwise it will be another 5% more on top of the $2050........that is a robbery of a commission. they tried to justify it by saying they provide lunch (a piece of cheese between 2 pieces of bread) and that they provide towel and flippers /snorkel which the company already provides, and transport...yet transport is sooooo cheap in this area, so be warned, that it is not not a good idea to book any excursions through hotel.
- food is reallllllllllly mediocre.

All of these things were just trivial, except the exorbitant commission fee for the boat trip, and the sketchy pricing for things like scooters.

Room tip: book excursion elsewhere
2  Thank thepamperednomad
Reviewed January 26, 2020 via mobile

We were surprised by how beautiful the property is. The rooms are a little small but serviceable. The bathroom is great... the shower is powerful and lots of hot water. Free wi-fi.
The cafe was lovely and the food v good. The highlight of this resort is its beach and swimming pool. Long beach is by far one of the best beaches I have visited in the Philippines - pure white sands and a shallow coastline. Water is clean and not littlered. The swimming pool is rather deep but what a view!!
The property needs to be better maintained. However, having said that, I plan to visit it again. WONDERFUL experience!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We came to San Vicente from Puerto Princesa (3-4 hour drive depending on stops) with the hopes of a relaxing weekend and we got just that.

The biggest kuddos go to the amazing staff - especially Ms Jeanne (resort manager) and Cielo.
I spoke with Ms Jeanne on the phone. Upon our arrival we learned our room was upgraded to ocean view.
The rooms have AC, nice bathrooms and are clean.

There is a nice pool at the resort as well as lounge chairs at the Long Beach in front.

The breakfast is included and was good. We had a dinner and drinks there as well - good food at reasonable prices.

On Sunday we wanted to go to church in town and to have dinner in San Vicente. Cielo checked Mass times for us and recommended a great Italian restaurant. She drove us to and from town.

We were interested in a local festival we saw was happening in town and Ms Jeanne and Cielo organized for us to go and have the best time experiencing local culture and people.

I’ve heard a lot that San Vicente will become a big resort in the next few years (there is now an airport) so I recommend you visit before it loses its small town magic.

This place and its people were a highlight of our trip to the Philippines.

1  Thank WeronikaB
Reviewed January 10, 2020

From our 3hour journey from Puerto Princesa, they welcomed us and gave us a room with a stunning view.

Their menu is superb!
One night, Chef Maria approached us and recommended great choices of food, she really knows her menu so well. We liked their adobong inasal chicken and beef curry in coco. Their white bread with olive oil garlic dip is also a favorite.
We love cafe Lily! 🤤❤️

Staff were always courteous, accommodating and patient with me in taking our photos. We’re allowed to borrow kayaks, bikes and motorcycle.

If you’re lucky, you might catch a turtle laying her eggs at the very shore of this resort. At night, stars are shining bright. They have unforgettable sunsets too, never thought purple sky is real.

I would like to thank Ms. Jean, Chef Maria, Ate Aling, Kuya Ernesto, Ate Del, Ate Glad for the excellent service and for our memorable stay.

Indeed, we had a relaxing stay at Club Agutaya.
🌺✨

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank donnaseat
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Great view. Very quiet, perfect place to relax and read a book. The beach is stunning. Food was the best I had in the Philippines, drinks are also amazing. The reception gives you a complimentary oil to protect your skin from the sand flies. I arrived with a burn and the staff also brought me fresh aloe to my room often. The service was outstanding. I can’t wait to visit again!

Date of stay: February 2019