Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
$141
View deal
FindHotel$141
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
Prestigia.com
All reviews underground river beach front strong currents private pool pool bar el nido tour guide philippines sheridan van php resto
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2022

Its 1 .5 hour road trip from Puerto Princesa airport. You can book land transfer with the hotel.

The island was recently hit by a typhoon so ALL the other accomodations along the Sabang beachfront were wrecked or closed, including Sheridan which is undergoing extensive rennovation when we were there. Daluyon is still operating with minimal surface level damages from the typhoon which is a testament to the efficiency of the crew onsite.

Wharton /Warton / Sabang (?) is a sleepy little town so expect 1 functioning ATM, no 7-11s, very little if any night life compared to the likes of Bohol or Boracay. A few grocery stores, some gift shops, and the government office that handles the trips to the Underground river, and your friendly neighborhood police station, and a small Catholic church pretty sums up the location. Its roughly 1 km walk from Daluyon to the town proper if you want to buy stuff so be ready for some walking.

Back at the hotel, checkin was a breeze, staff are very, no, extremely courteous and helpful. Rooms were nice, bathroom was newly rennovated / painted / grouted so my impression is its clean and well maintained. There is hot and cold water in the showers in our room 702 imagine that.

Beachfront is the main selling point of Daluyon. If you want a crowded beach go to Boracay or Bohol. If you want a secluded beach all your own, with fine brown sand and no rocks, with a very gentle slope stretching easily more than 20 meters before it reaches 6 feet, with gentle waves during high tide that you can ride using a bodyboard or a lone flatboard, this beach is for you. Lots of small white crabs. Some friendly local dogs. IF you like lazing under the sun without a care in the world, this is the beach for you. Hindi white sand pero maganda.

Its also walking distance to the port if you want to do an underground river tour. ITs 2300 php per head on the hotel but me being kuripot, i walked over to the port and paid a total of 900 php + 1100 php = 2000.00 php for the six of us for the whole tour! Many helpful tour guides there are more than happy to guide you on the only 2 step process for getting a tour.

Food is masarap. Hats of to the chef of course. We were hoping the selection could include more seafood items kahit grilled lang or simple province menus, i mean ginataang isda etc, catch of the day is there btw. Then again maybe its just me.

I could not say enough about the kindness and hospitality of the ground staff. you see after the underground river tour, we took it upon ourselves to get some fruit juice from the port and ate a feast of a lunch buffet in one of the restos in the pier. 1AM in the morning i had the worst diarrhea in recent memory, i wont give you the gory details, suffice to say i was spent and needed medicine. We approached front desk and she was kind enough to offer to buy meds for us, so my wife the ever reliable @MinsJawili in facebook in case you need a dentist with the lightest hands in the world (hehehe) gave the list of meds and one of the ate staff volunteered to buy it for us. I am so sorry i never got to ask your names, but thank you so much for your genuine care during a time of need. So folks, bring ORS, sunscreen, mosquito repellant, pain relievers etc, as i mentioned earlier maliit na community lang talaga so in case there is an urgent need for medicine, baka mahirapan kayo maghanap so bring some along just to be sure.

The pool is maganda, 6 feet at the deep end, we had it for ourselves most of the time. Sayang closed pa yung pool bar. Pool and beachfront is up to 6/630 pm only though. Pool you can extend naman just inform front desk. Remember this resoirt sits on a wildlife sanctuary so do not be like my teen daughters, they scrambled and screamed like girls when a small monitor lizard joined them in the pool. Such girls. =-)

Checkout was a breeze, we rented a whole van back and forth, but we had one couple who asked if they can ride with us back to PPS, we obliged, and they said they'll just pay for some of the fare para di naman dyahe.

Will i stay again in Daluyon if i ever wanted to go back to Sabang ? Yes.

Room tip: rooms on 2nd floor (702 / 802) offer better views of the beach than the ground floor.
Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed April 9, 2022 via mobile

Went april 2022 with family for vacation. Stayed 4D3N
Service - 4star - front desk staff are friendly
Food - 3star - chef foods are good, but limited menu
Housekeeping -1star - We stayed on Grand Suite -rooms not so clean, aircon not funsction, showerhead broken, no phone on rooms, no wifi on rooms, tv only 3 channels, hallway not clean, no private space( unlike the last time we came in 2018, the room with private pool is enclose with fence), spiderweb on the room
Maintenance and housekeeping - available only during morning
Beach -5star - still nice

Overall Ratings:
-For those who wants to stay for beautiful beach, recommended to stay
- for those who wants to stay for relaxing and comfortable stay in the room with good food, do not expect much on this resort
- resort right now is open, but not yet fully back, lack of people, a lot of renovation needed on the rooms, lack of manpower

Recomendation :
1. rooms need to be renovated to become the same quality rooms of the past
2. lack of expert maintenance and housekeeping personnel
3. lack of food variety

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2022 via mobile

This resort promised many amenities on its website with empty and false advertisement. On the website it advertised rooms has Wi-Fi, full open pool bar, many food choices and different menu items everyday. And a private swimming pool for one of its suites that we booked. Instead we got a swimming pool that’s unsafe because of the murky and mosquito infested water. The pool bar wasn’t even open and operational. No Wi-Fi in the rooms except only in the lobby. Most of the food items on the menu they didn’t have. If you’re printing out a new menu every lunch and dinner why would you print and list the foods you don’t even have??? They say they have room service but the phones in the rooms don’t work so we had to place our food order from one of the workers that came to our room ahead of time and for what time. We placed our food order for our specified time but we didn’t get our food two hours later. The drinks we ordered was luke warm and the ice already melted by the time it got to us. Missing dish order and drinks.

We booked our stay for two nights but realizing that our stay wasn’t going to work out. We had ask for a refund for the second evening stay. Let me say this, the workers and front lobby associates were very nice, professional, and helpful. When we had ask to reach out to the manger Mr. Bruce Tan (remember this name) and made him aware of our unhappiness with the false advertisement and how unhappy we were with the lack of amenities it promised on the website. We politely asked to cancel the rest of our second stay and get a refund. He refused and even stopped answering the phone calls. We even ask that we speak to him personally over the phone since he wasn’t on the premise. He refused. Mr. Bruce Tan you’re unprofessional and don’t belong in hospitality line of work. You won’t even take a call and speak to a paying customer about their concerns regarding your resort with amenities you don’t have. Your hard working employees don’t deserve someone like you.

Anyone reading this review I would say stay away from this resort. I would give place a zero star if I could.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 869elc
Reviewed May 11, 2020 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect & it is worth the long drive from the airport, & it’s great if you want to do a zip line, and/or visit the underground caves. The reception area is a nice setting & staff are incredibly helpful & polite. The grounds surrounding the cottages are kept immaculate, although some areas could do with a good tidy up, just seems to be a lot of junk laying around. I only ate breakfast here & it was very nice & they do their utmost to accommodate you with any requests you may have. When you first enter your cottage, you will probably think, it’s great, but on closer inspection, it is very tired, & desperately needs renovating, the furnishing are very old, the shutters & windows are not secure, however the bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is not very nice at all, the towels are worn & grey, shower has a shower curtain, which was not very clean & they do hold a lot of germs. I would have expected that type of bathroom in a backpacking accommodation, I expected more, considering what you pay to stay here. I think the location sells this place, & the location setting is perfect. The drinks are extortionate & they add an extra tax on drinks as well, so the price you see is not the price you pay ( it does say it at the bottom of the drinks menu) but not many people notice it. So for the sake of walking approx 50-100 yards, where the drinks are less then half that, I would. But that is up to the individual, I spend a lot on travelling, but I also like to save a lot on travelling. The A/C was not working in the gym & I reported it everyday & everyday I was told they would put a different A/C unit in there & they never did, I like to train when I’m away, firstly it is a nice feel good factor & it’s a big part of my job, so I have to keep fit & it was one of the reasons I choose this accommodation. For all my negatives which may have been addressed by now, owing to COVID19 & the hotel being closed. I would still return, but I would try & get a good deal. Stay safe all you travellers

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Tillie-may2015
Reviewed May 9, 2020

There are only 2 options on this beach and this is the better one. The rooms are lovely and clean with hot water and yo can hear the waves. It is a great beach for swimming and the hotel keeps it tidy. We found the staff very helpful and although a little pricier than trying to organise it yourself they were very helpful in organisinng a trip to the cave and transport to and from the resort.

Unfortunately the food, and the restaurant service let them down. We should have looked at the other options further down the road, fish of the day was salmon flown in from Norway. Such a shame when the sea is just there.

The only other thing was there was some big groups here and they were partying on late into the evening (well after midnight). We asked security to ask the guest to be quiet and they said there was nothing that they could do about it. This went on for both nights of our stay.

Date of stay: October 2019