Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Took all the family here (twelve of us) on Good Friday. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day. HIghly recommend you visit here, quite expensive but lots to see and do. Impressive film sets, props, special effects and models.

Write a ReviewReviews (34,477)
All reviews
in 624 reviews
"short film"
in 321 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Okay, it's not cheap, but as an experience this place lives long in my 55 year old memory.
I don't want to say too much as it might ruin somebody's day. The sets and props are so detailed and superbly made and the interpreters I spoke to were keen and knowledgeable. One sourpuss taking the tickets needs a lesson in customer service though, however her grumpy face did tickle me!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We opted for the digital map with the headset which was informative! We got a bit delayed on listening to them as the numbers for each exhibit aren’t always easy to see (we skipped a few but wasn’t that bothered).

Really good sets, costumes, wigs, interactive sessions, photo sessions and butter beer!

The butter beer was nice but VERY expensive for what you get (alone it was around 4 pound but for a souvenir stein it was closer to 7 pound). The gift shop is also extremely expensive £10-15 for a little Keyring! Defiantly avoid taking children into the gift shop!

The green screen broomstick and train sections were really good! And you can buy the photos at the end for £14 or there is an offer if you buy more.

You have an option to buy the sweets from the movie, but once again £8.99 for a chocolate frog - not worth it.

Overall really good day, you could see, and go in the house on private drive, they have the platform 9 and 3/4 and the train you can go in. You can taste butter beer, see Hagrids robot suit, see the gringots bank workers costumes and masks, there are potions labs with the cauldrons storing themselves, chess pieces from the show.

Best bits were the Wonder Woods with the moving Buckbeak and massive spiders coming down with smoke! Really good! And the set at the beginning was like walking into Hogwarts- with a working Goblet of fire spitting out Harry’s name. & a whole building converted into diagon alley with shops and moving shop fronts!

Really good day out, we took around 5 hours going round and was a great experience!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

If you are into Harry Potter you will love this place. If you’re a parent who sat through the films with your kids when they were small then you’ll see lots of things you recognise but can’t quite remember the name of. For me, I found it just as interesting to watch the Trekkies (or whatever you call them for Harry Potter) as they dashed around with their wands, gowns and Gryffindor scarfs (why is nobody ever in Slytherin?)

It’s laid out rather well, and after a cheesy opening in which the local Hi-de-hi guides try to build up your excitement for what lays ahead you do get to wander around at your own pace. About half way round you hit the cafeteria which was actually pretty good, and five of us had a light bite to eat and a drink for just over £30.

The whole thing is a well deserved tribute to British film making and the quality of models on show is a stunning tribute to their art.

I don’t know how long the appeal of Harry Potter will last, so if you are thinking about going then best done sooner rather than later, before the core content becomes diluted with the more recent films of the endless franchise.

If I could wave my magic wand, I would say expelliamus to the price tag, making it 20% less expensive, because it’s so pricey that surely most people would only ever go once.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I guess I went into this with massive hopes with all the reviews and feedback. Maybe that’s my own fault as I was left disappointed.

First off there are works on and although it doesn’t make too much of a difference. You lose the big wow on approach.

The first part of the tour was a bit of a free for all with no control at all. Therefore one of my children sat on my lap as she was too young to be on her own. The rest of us were all spilt up. Not a great start. I know us Potter geeks can be older, but there was zero consideration for sitting families together. Which meant when the crowd moved, totally focussed on where they were going. We lost each other and missed out seeing the great hall together.

Also the time in the hall is far too short, I get why they do it. It’s still far too short especially for how much the whole experience costs.

We did 3.5 hours and that was taking it easy. Really easy. By then the kids were finished and so were we!

The place is so expensive. We spent £300 + on 5 butterbeers (£35 for those) 3 Photos, 2 broom ride videos (£70 for that). And a couple of souvenirs each for the 4 kids. We could afford this however I saw plenty of people who hadn’t factored in how expensive this place is. This caused a lot of stress in the gift shop and a massively upset end to the tour for a lot of parents. Judging by what a member of staff told me, they get big spenders in the shop. Lots of tourists from abroad spending thousands. If you’re there for a day out like we were, I guess how expensive it is, doesn’t matter to the consumer machine how expensive it is. A young child wanting to buy a box of chocolate frogs is nothing money wise.

The gift shop was a horrendously fraught, busy, nightmare experience. Keep hold of your children, they’d be easily lost. By the time we got out of the shop, I was well and truly ready to go home and it made me feel rather frazzled! Not the relaxed souvenir experience you’d hope!

1  Thank Busymummymoo

Travelers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!