All reviewskahuna burgersandy beachburger barcontinental breakfastnight scenebig kahunahas great foodalarm clockoff seasonpuerto ricoguest housebring earplugsenjoyed my staywonderful hotellocation is greatmini fridgetamboo tavern
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed for just under 2 weeks and our room was very nice, spacious, modern and clean with view of the ocean. The hotel is in a more rustic area of Rincón away from the town center and has a very lovely beachy vibe. It is not luxurious if you expect top notch luxury but it is still very clean and modern and well-maintained. We really loved our room. We could hear the sounds of the waves from the ocean. Pool was great and relaxing. Nice, large beach towels provided. Location is near beautiful Sandy Beach with a few great eateries close by but a bit far from the town center and other amenities. You will definitely need a car rental.

There is also a cute little mini-mart attached for basics and some jewelry and bathing suits.

The only reason I would not give this hotel 5 stars is the nightly noise from the Kahuna Bar. The food and entertainment are great, don't get me wrong. But the Kahuna bar attracts a generally young and lively party crowd. Music stops at midnight but the partiers still linger loudly for about 30 minutes after. The hotel does have security and they try very hard to keep order - shout out to Angel who provided great service. Not sure what, if anything, the owners can do about the noise level from Kahuna Bar. I can understand on the one hand the need to attract business through nightly entertainment. But the proximity of the bar right next to the rooms in the building where we were is problematic. If you don't mind a vibrant night scene, you will really like this place. But if you need peace and relaxation or you have early morning excursions the next day, this might not be the right fit unless you can sleep through noise or bring ear plugs.

My other issue was a check-out date glitch and inaccurate information on the part of Expedia. The female desk lady seemed a bit annoyed by my predicament and lacked empathy in my opinion. My feeling is that our situation was not the first she had encountered due to inaccurate information provided by Expedia but I felt she could have been a bit more empathetic and helpful as the first face we encountered when we arrived. That is just basic custom service. Other than that, all the other staff we interacted with were very nice and helpful. Pedro took care of our check-out date issue with Expedia. When we booked, Expedia's info said breakfast, bottled waters, and room WiFi were all included but none of that actually was. The WiFi only worked in the common area by the office. Pedro's explanation was that those things had been pulled back since hurricane Maria, which I completely understand and do not hold against Pedro or Casa Verde. Pedro kindly explained that they had informed Expedia of these changes but Expedia had not updated their info and we were not the first customers to experience this frustration. It was frustrating for us as consumers booking through Expedia with a certain budget in mind and then having to spend more than we anticipated. But I think this was the fault of Expedia who is notorious for not updating their info. Expedia did offer me a voucher for the hassle. So my suggestion to anyone thinking of booking with Casa Verde through Expedia is to contact the hotel ahead to confirm what is included and what isn't if you care about that sort of thing to avoid frustration and misunderstanding. Again, I don't feel this was Casa Verde's fault because I checked their website and compared it with my booking confirmation from Expedia. I feel Expedia dropped the ball on this.

Other than that, this is a lovely boutique hotel that is very well maintained and has great staff. The location is gorgeous and we loved our stay in Rincón and we hope to be back some day!!

Room Tip: Rooms not connected to Kahuna bar building probably quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tony L
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to stay if you plan to stay out late and enjoy the party scene in Rincon. The check in was easy, and the suite we had was large! The only reason I cannot give this property a 5 is due to the VERY LOUD music that is played every night at The Big Kahuna Bar. The first night it was so obnoxiously loud at Midnight (still) that we heard it well over the T.V. and the white noise machine that we brought with us! The singer has a great voice, but it was too much!
I understand that it is spring break, and people should enjoy themselves, but the volume of the music in such a small bar could be turned down! For this reason, we will not stay at this property again. Which is sad, because it is a great hotel!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank takemeawaynow2016
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I work in hotel industry and I decided to stay here with my boyfriend just one night. Front Desk Agent was very nice with us, she was very friendly. The localization is great. The pool does not have heater, it was like a freezer. We did not have Wi Fi in our room. When we wanted go to sleep, we realized that the pillow cases had stains and hair. It was disgusting. We didn't say nothing because this is a capital sin and I will never come back.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nyle17
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I had stayed there several times when Martina was the manager with no issues except the loud music which wasn't a deal breaker for me.
Me and my friend booked a 5 night stay there in January, 2018 and we had the midnight flight from NY. I called the hotel several days in advance to let them know that we were on the only flight from JFK and even though we paid for Wednesday, we wouldn't be getting in until early Thursday morning. The manager, Pedro, said that Angel would wait up for us and it wasn't an issue because lots of people take that midnight flight.
Prior to leaving JFK, I sent an email with my cell phone # just in case there were any issues.
We arrived around 5;45AM to check in and door to the reception area was locked and nobody was there. I checked my cell phone to make sure I didn't have any missed calls or voicemails.
We walked around to see if there was any sign or any #s to call but there wasn't any so I decided to call the front desk and left a voicemail. We checked their location across the street to check and see if the we could find an employee but were unable to find one so I called and left another voicemail.
We were up for 24 hours at this point so we started to drive around to look for another hotel and ended up staying at Villa Cofresi who had 24 hour desk service.
When we checked out at 12:00, I checked my phone and had no calls from Casa Verde.
We drove over and arrived at 12:45 and the office was open but nobody was behind the counter. We waited around for about 10 minutes and decided to call the hotel from their reception area. The phone rang and went to voicemail.
There was a girl sitting outside the reception area and I asked her if she saw anyone working there. She replied that she starts at 1:00 so we asked if the manager/owner was around. She told us to check across the street.
We went to the bar area across the street and asked the bartender if the manager or owner was around and he introduced us to Pedro who was eating lunch at the end of the bar.
We explained the situation to Pedro and not once did he apologize or try to accommodate us. His only answer was that we should have waited until 7:00AM when he started his shift.
We explained that we would never have known to wait for 7AM since there was no sign that mentioned that nor was it conveyed to us at any time. He replied that it was on the reservation email. I showed him the reservation ticket and he was unable to show me where it mentioned that the reservation desk reopens at 7:00AM.
I mentioned that if he started at 7:00AM he had 6 hours to figure out that we never checked in yet the night before. He also had 6 hours to check the two voicemails that I left when we arrived to find nobody there to check us in.
Obviously, Casa Verde had many opportunities to fix their problem and retain a customer but Pedro chose not to do that and that's not the right attitude to have for someone in the hospitality business. The prices at Casa Verde were the same price as Villa Cofresi and Rincon on the Seas who both provide 24 hour desk service and 24 hour security. I would not recommend Casa Verde to anyone visiting Rincon.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jsupple
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We stayed at Casa Verde soon after it re-opened after Hurricane Maria. The people there have done a fantastic job of putting things back together and they are more than ready to receive guests. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient, our room was clean and comfortable, and it’s a perfect location near the beach and restaurants. Special thanks to Billy, Shakira and Pedro! Our stay at Casa Verde was lovely.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family