“food with a side of moral superiority.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Take-a-Break Burger Bar
Ranked #3 of 4 Quick Bites in Kirwan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tasty food, clean shop, pricey but worth it, long wait for 2 burgers, ie, >20 min. Heard my name called just after I got phonecall. Attempted collection, staff member ignored me when I got to counter. When I asked for my food told no service until off phone. I said off phone and waited then verbally stopped from taking food from counter by same staff member: She asked me are they yours? and I asked are they? and was retold my order and she agreed I was allowed to take the food I paid for, patiently and eagerly waited for. I felt her moral judgement of me was a little militant and she publicly humiliated and degraded me for being on the phone. A little understanding and forgiveness would have been kind of her when I collected food. Very patronising worker. Food not worth morality judgement of me.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Phoned for a takeaway order at 7.20pm on a Friday night. I started saying “can I pls order a hamburger & was rudely told No Burgers! I said sorry, I didn't catch that? The man again says “No Burgers” still only saying these two words. Startled & confused by the only two words the man is saying, I asked “ oh do you not do burgers there anymore”? The man again states no “No burgers after 7.00pm He then proceeds to say do you want to order anything else? I then say no sorry.
What takeaway place does not do burgers after 7pm at night when they advertise they close at 8pm? I have heard of takeaway places turning their deep fryers off a bit early so the oil can cool down before they leave but never their frying plate?

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 4 May 2020

I haven't had a Take A Break burger in a long while but I remembered them to be excellent. Well, good news is they haven't changed a bit. If you want an old school style burger, this is the place!

Date of visit: April 2020
Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

Will never come back here again.. horrible food and got treated like a piece of crap. Went in to pick up my order and waited over 5 minutes to be spoken too and half my order was missing.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank coffeecoffe89
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Great, friendly service. Fast take away foods. Salad options. Plenty of parking available in shady street.

Date of visit: June 2018