Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
TheTripchic
North Kingsville, Ohio

A lap swimmers' dream!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 4, 2016
I went on vacation alone and I chose this hotel specifically because of the olympic-sized lap pool, big enough for 14 lap swimmers with attached recreation pools on each side. The lap pool was open 24/7 (unguarded) and it was warm enough day or night, to take a swim whenever I pleased, and I did. During the day, the younger people were considerate of lap swimmers, but the seniors that were my age, sadly, mostly were not. Having the mini-store and Beach Bohio eatery on site was very handy. Grocery(open 24 hours), pharmacy, and eateries were close enough to get to by car, and far enough away that they couldn't be seen from the top floors. The hotel is secuded like a hideaway. I was on the 7th floor, above the palm fronds and I could watch the waves crashing against the rocks far out in the water. Once I was at the hotel and settled in, I didn't want to leave; nearly everything for a great vacation was on-site. The hotel has scheduled tours that guests can pay to attend (i.e. casino, Bacardi factory, Old San Juan). I chose the Old San Juan tour and going there via the hotel transportation is really the smart way to travel there. The staff at the hotel were accommodating and helpful. I had a one-bedroom with washer/dryer, a wonderful balcony, a kitchen that only needed stocked with food, a big comfy bed, 24/7 access to the pool and beach, a nearly 1/2 mi. access road to do some walking; it was like heaven. I was by myself and I felt safe, no matter where I was on the property, which was important to me, as it was my first solo vacay. It's about a half-hour drive from San Juan and the hotel is placed so that you can see the mountains from one door and the beach from the other. There was golf, tennis, mini-golf, BBQ grills, hot tubs and Corn Hole, but I didn't use them. There were a few children, but none of them very young, perhaps because it was during the school year for them. I had a fast internet connection and was able to access everything, including Netflix. My room AC kept my room comfortable during the 90 degree days. The beach area was peaceful and beautiful, and the sound of the surf lulled me to an intoxicating snooze on the beach every day. The best swimming at the hotel, is in the glorious pool. All meals are available for purchase at the beach bar/eatery. I ate my dinners at the Beach Bohio nightly and found them delightfully tasty and reasonably priced. The hotel supplied Yaucono coffee for my coffee maker, for which I was very grateful, as coffee seems to be a luxury item on the island. You will be so happy at the Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar.
Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Dec 22, 2016
Good Morning TheTripChic,

What an incredible detailed review! Thank you so much for sharing all of these details on TripAdvisor for all to see. We truly appreciate the feedback and we are so glad you had a five star stay with feeling safe no matter where you were on property. Our goal is to provide that same exact feeling to all travelers and employees here at Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar.

It is always a special vacation when you feel like you have everything you need right on site!!

We look forward to your next visit and thank you once again for your review

₱14,918
  • Algotels
18.5 km from Hyatt Vacation Club at Hacienda del Mar
21.9 km from Hyatt Vacation Club at Hacienda del Mar
View more hotels in Sabana
All reviews time share an eyesore abandoned hotel next door tennis courts mahi mahi adjacent property puerto rico palm trees full kitchen game room two bedroom unit washer dryer bar and grill private beach large pool rental car minute drive
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2016

This resort is nicely secluded by setback from main road. It's quiet, has a nice private beach, wonderful attentive service by ALL employees, and the outstanding Beach Bohio Bar. That said it does lack several expected amenities. Be it shuttle to town for restaurant dining or shopping or an on premise indoor dining facility. Perhaps water sport rentals ie: kayak, jet ski or fishing charter. Once you know what to expect there's no surprise and one can relax to their hearts content.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank REEPPY
Jon D, Resort Manager at Hyatt Vacation Club at Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2016

Good Morning Reeppy,

Thank you for the feedback and also the recognition to ALL of the employees. It says a lot when every single employee exceeded some ones stay and I will certainly share your review with them.

I am looking at options for some sort of shuttle however at this moment we do not provide that. The current option is to utilize Dorado Tours who is our car rental agency at the property who also have some alternate options for transportation from the resort.

In regards to the kayaks and jet ski rental, I do not see that being implemented here due to the overall risk involved however completely understand the recommendation.

Lastly we do have a fishing charter option in Dorado which is 5 min from the property who coordinates offshore fishing, inshore fishing, touring and much more. Front Desk/Concierge or Dorado Tours could provide any additional information if needed.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed November 28, 2016

The rooms have new furniture,drapes,lights,etc. Very comfortable and spacious. The views are fabulous! This was our 4th visit and the property is great! We met the new manager and he has a great vision for the resort.

Room tip: Better views of ocean on 7 or 8 floor
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank chesterbrowne

Good Morning Chesterbrowne,

We are so glad you had a 5 star visit with us during this past and also that you have noted all of the improvements/upgrades that we have completed. Thank you for the kind words and sharing your feedback with all of the other travelers.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to your 5th visit!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel, staff and grounds.

The Beach Bohio bar is on sight and is very good. Honestly you needn't go elsewhere for great food, drink and service. A special thank you to Felix and Ricardo! And to Chef Asbaldo, thanks for the great food and cooking tips!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris M
Jon D, Resort Manager at Hyatt Vacation Club at Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

Good Afternoon Vetterlm,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review that you have shared with other travelers. Thank you for all of the compliments regarding the F&B, staff and grounds. I will certainly recognize Felix, Ricardo and Chef Asbaldo. They are a great team and always thinking of ways to improve the quality and service provided to our owners and guest.

We look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed November 22, 2016

Had a nice time. We had a great view from our room with beautiful sounds of the Coqui frog. The beach was private and clean. The pool and outdoor amenities were well kept. I would not recommend the on-site restaurant, over priced for below average food. The hotel staff was awesome though and VERY welcoming!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank same961

Good Morning Sam E,

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you had a great time while being able to enjoy the beach, pool and beautiful nature here on property. I apologize the F&B did not meet your standards and would love to hear the details from you so we can continue to improve based upon feedback.

Also thank you for noting that the staff is awesome and very welcoming!!!

Please feel free to contact me directly at the resort to review specifics

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

We found the staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant, especially the manager Marilou. We enjoyed our accommodations which had a balcony and living room window which looked out onto the pool and ocean. Also the pleasurable, peaceful surroundings, the fine service, the private beach, the large pool, the hot tubs, the complementary activities and exercise classes added to our enjoyment so much that we're planning to come back again next year.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank njstays
Jon D, Resort Manager at Hyatt Vacation Club at Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Good Afternoon Njstays,

Thank you for staying with us and also the 5 star review you have shared with other travelers on TripAdvisor. Marilu is a tremendous asset to the property and I know she will appreciate the recognition along with all of the other staff as you have mentioned!

We are glad you enjoyed the peaceful surroundings and the "private beach" as that is a tough amenity to find on the island!! It will be waiting for your return next year!

Have a wonderful day and we will see you soon.