“A new rival to Hokkaido!”
Review of Taipei Town

Taipei Town
Ranked #70 of 219 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came to this restaurant by complete accident (having been unable to get in anywhere on the main strip in Ayia Napa) and upon entrance the restaurant was a little quiet (only about three other tables full), probably because it wasn’t peak season and also due to this restaurant’s backstreet location. We were greeted very warmly by the manager, and seated at a lovely spacious table. The decor was very pretty, with relaxing music (a nice change to the usual fast-paced music that plays in most restaurants). Lots of variety on the menu, and they offer half-portions as well for a very good price, which are very reasonably-sized, too. My dad ordered chilli soup to start (he LOVED it) and my mum had barbecue ribs (the half-portion was very generous!!). They also really enjoyed their mains too. I ordered fish and vegetables for my main, and the vegetables were very hot and done perfectly, but my fish came out in batter, which was unexpected as this was not specified on the menu. I asked the manager for a plain piece of steamed fish, but he said they couldn’t do it for me. My disappointment was washed away by the profuse apologies of him and his team, they were so apologetic that I didn’t mind about the fish. After they had cleared the plates away we were brought a complimentary pot of green tea, which was a nice touch. For what we ordered, the bill was actually rather inexpensive, which is rare for such a high-quality Chinese restaurant!! I must say that the best part of this restaurant was how they served half-portions of dishes that were of a good size, for such low prices. And the staff were SO nice as well! This restaurant deserves to be busier than it was!!

Reviewed March 16, 2018

We had dinner here with relatives who live in Ayia Napa during the winter months, and they had recommended a visit. The place is clean and has an elegant atmosphere. The food was also excellent! I had a hot and spicy chicken, which wasn't that hot compared to what you might get in Asia :) I think we were most plesantly surprised about the dessert. Take it from me - the strawberry ice-cream dessert is worth every penny/euro!

1  Thank Josefin318
Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

Myself and a group of 4 others visited Napa in the Summer of 2017. We found this to be the best restaurant in the whole area. It was almost as close to the main strip as it could, to not be considered part of the strip making the location perfect.
I don’t usually eat Chinese on holiday but this place completely changed my mind. Myself and the guys all got a starter and meal each, and there was mountains of food, which the restaurant kindly allowed us to take home, making for a wonderful eat the next morning.
The food was all freshly prepared and the chefs were even able to add a little bit of extra spice requested by some of my friends.
As with Cyprus in the summer the weather was very hot at night, but the inside of the restaurant is air conditioned and we were able to be seated here both nights.
The waiting staff were also so attentive, and up for a little joke with the guys and even helped in telling us where we should go on certain nights out. Couldn’t recommend this place more highly!

1  Thank CallanStrain97
Reviewed December 16, 2017

Visited as a family group. Excellent food and service. The meals for two were great value for money. Will definitely be visiting here again.

1  Thank oj4u
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Nice evening out, comfortable seating, friendly staff, efficient service. Good choice of food. We went with friends and had four mains with rice and noodle, we had leftovers for taking home. Pudding was banana balls and ice cream, and an ice cream with noughat, chocolate mmmm lovely.