“Very Disappointing”
Review of Ryan's Irish Pub

Ryan's Irish Pub
Ranked #47 of 115 Nightlife in Porto District
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I stopped off here on my first trip back to Porto in ten years. The first time I visited Ryans was in 1997, the place was hopping and I had a couple of fantastic nights here, again in 2008 it was one of the places to go so I was looking forward to a night out here again, how disappointed I was.
Porto has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of decades but as the city has advanced in looks like Ryans has gone backwards. I was here on a Friday night and there were just a couple of patrons at the bar, the pub looks shabby and run down, holes in the wall, cardboard boxes of plastic cups etc scattered around the floor etc. There was a time when on a Friday night both the bar downstairs and the lounge upstairs would be full of chat, not now.
It'll likely be a few years before I make a return trip to Porto, if things don’t change I don’t think Ryans will still be in business then.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Went on a Monday evening so it wasn't exactly bopping. In fact, there were only two patrons. My business partner and myself. The beer was good. as was the darts board... but apart from that, it was a bit flat and lifeless. I'm sure it's better during the weekend!

1  Thank Amit K
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Small, shabby pub with poor lighting and no atmosphere. It's only point of interest is probably that it shows the Six Nations matches.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

An Irish pub is sometimes a beacon for travelers abroad. This particular one is disappointing. Not particularly comfortable and with the exception of serving Guinness it isn't particularly Irish.

It's fine but don't go out of your way