“Excellent fish lunch”

Morans Oyster Cottage
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Kilcolgan
Price range: US$25 - US$62
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Moran's Oyster Cottage Seafood Restaurant Galway, The Weir, Kilcolgan, Co. Galway, is a traditional thatched cottage that dates back over 250 years. Today Morans is run by the 7th generation of the Moran family in the business. It is renowned the world over for its superb seafood and Galway oysters which attracts people from the five continents, and is open all year round
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place was lovely. The staff were friendly, atmosphere was great. Menu choices were mainly fish, with oysters and other seafood as well. We had fish and chips. Herb crusted cod and mussels. All were delicious, and the price was reasonable. Highly recommend

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This meal came at the end of a gourmet trip to Galway with so many high points. I had the local and gigas oyster plate to start, followed by crab claws and then mussels done in a white wine sauce. My only criticism would be that the garlic and butter sauce for the claws was too much in terms of quantity, but actually the claws themselves were great. Fresh oysters are something to be treasured if you don't have regular access to them, and my mussels were so sweet tasting. I also tried my sister's breaded mussels and had a tinge of regret that I hadn't ordered them, but then again, what would I have given up in their place - would have been a tough decision!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped at Morans Oyster Cottage on our way back from the Cliffs of Moher, hoping to get a snack before dinner Our snack quickly turned into a full-blown meal with the highlights including: grilled oysters, chowder, and mussels. We will back!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After seeing this on one of the travel shows I knew I had to go! As we turned down the street it felt almost like traveled back in time as we pulled up to Moran’s. All the locals sitting outside as we walked in and took a seat at the bar. As a lover of seafood I’ve had it all over the world but this was truly right at the top! The mussels! The Oysters! The crab claws! The salmon! The Fish and Chips! The Guinness! It was a lunch I’ll never forget! Make sure you get here and make a reservation!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Walk in the footsteps of Oscar Wilde and Seamus Heaney! With poetry and other interesting artefacts hanging the walls, the oysters and seafood are simply fresh and delicious and prepared without fuss.
The prawns are actually langoustines, so we asked for them to be served with the sauce on the side, so we could better enjoy their fresh flavour.
Charming friendly service and always welcoming. For families, the 'Cabin' is a lovely place to sit, or outside in the Summer with a Guinness, simply magical.