1,578 results
All reviews indoor pool studio spa suite serviced daily tennis courts squash court margaret river an upgrade beach access short drive full kitchen geographe bay great spot long weekend family holiday cafe atrium facilities
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Tried to make a booking several times one day last week, two couples for two nights. Firstly phone rang out, secondly got through and was disconnected. Finally got through to someone who took our details but said we would be rung back because he was not 'Reception' but still have heard nothing. If you don't want our money we are happy to go elsewhere and where we are treated with enthusiasm. Good luck because you will need it if that is your attitude to patrons.

Stayed: October 2015
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2015

Dear Elizabeth R.

With regards your comments on your recent experience trying to contact the resort. I am surprised to read that the telephone number you called phone rang out on you as you tried to make your reservation with us. Our switchboard is manned 24 hours a day by reservation staff so that we are able to assist all guests. There at times a slight delay in answering should our Front Office staff be engaged on other calls, but not to the point that it would ring out.

I am also sorry to read from your comments that your second call became disconnected. As our internal phone system does not have call recognition, we would have been unable to call you back when your call became disconnected otherwise we would have been happy to have returned your call and completed the reservation for you especially if we have already received your personal details such as a contact telephone number.

I have addressed your comments with our Front Office Manager regarding you awaiting a call back from the resort. From investigation of our internal call logs he has informed me that your call was returned on two occasions & on both occasions it went through to an automated voicemail which stated it would convert the message to text for you.

As a resort we have a number of options for guests to make a reservation with us such as via email, our website or via a telephone reservation and I am saddened that you were unable to make a reservation on this occasion via any of these means. We certainly did our utmost to return your call but sadly were unable to contact you, due to your phone being diverted to voicemail.

Should you wish to visit the resort in the future, please do not hesitate to email me direct on roomsman@abbeybeach.com.au and I will personally oversee your reservation.

Jordan Palk
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2015

While Abbey Beach Resort is a pleasant place to stay while in Busselton, and the rooms are clean and comfortable, why is it that a hotel which advertises about running conventions (and I have been to a number of conventions at Abbey Beach) does not have wifi access in the apartments?
I realise that this might sound petty in light of the fact that Abbey Beach does have both indoor and outdoor pools, and that I had a spa in my ensuite, but it is interesting how some hotels seem to be missing this, especially in light of the fact that other resorts around Busselton provide this.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julian A
Rebecca B, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Dear Julian

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Abbey Beach Resort.

It is with great disappointment that I read from your comments that your stay with us did not match the expectations that you had for the resort. As a resort that has been in operation for over 24 years, we are continually looking to renovate the resort to move with the times. In 2014 we completed our renovation of all kitchens in the apartment accommodation of the resort. We have also recently launched in-room WIFI in our hotel style accommodation and plan to continue this installation to our Resort style accommodation in 2016, as our resort is so large we have had to organise the instalment of the WIFI in stages. Hopefully the next time you come to stay with us we will have WIFI installed in the resort apartments.

Thank you once again for your comments and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Booked a weekend away with the wife. On arriving had a nice greeting at reception, and they explained all about the facilities and room.
The room was nice and comfy, with all the amenities for self cater in the likes of a kitchen and utensils.
The room we were given was close to the kitchen. The first night the kitchen staff had music very loud so you could hear it in the room.
The WiFi is only available in the atrium area or you can pay to have it in your room ie pay for login. I have been to may hotels and never come across this before where you have to pay for WiFi. Could only tune into one channel on the radio that was in the room.
My Telstra phone reception would only work if I went out onto the balcony.
The next morning we went to the cafe situated near the heated pool for breakfast.

We went into the cafe and there is a sign saying "Guests please wait to be seated" so we stood there waiting while the from what I can gather was the manageress who was dressed in black stood there at the counter chatting to, from what I gathered was her friend as they were having a great chat.
Not once did she stop to say can I help you. I saw another staff member who was a waitress and said we would like a table for two. She said yes pick what table you want. We grabbed two menus and sat down. The prices for the meals I thought were the higher end of the scale for what they were. We chose then waited, no one came so we put the menus down and drove to Margaret river, where we had breakfast instead, and guess what it was a small cafe and had free WifI :)
On check out today we had a letter and invoice posted under the door for express checkout. I filled it in and when leaving dropped into reception. The girl who was there didn't even look up to say good morning or can I help you. I posted the invoice in the express letter box and left.
Overall disappointed with the hotel and it really needs to be modernised as it looks like something out of the 80's. Will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Away from kitchen
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bryan M

Dear Bryan

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Abbey Beach Resort.

I am disappointed to read that the customer service you received during your stay was so inconsistent. All of our staff are trained to a high standard therefore have passed on your comments with regards to your service in the café to the Food and Beverage manager. I have also passed on your feedback with regards to the reception staff to the Front Office Manager as well. Each manager will be looking into who was rostered on while you were staying with us and the staff will have further training. We do appreciate all of the feedback our guests provide as we wish to be able to provide the best customer service to all of our guests.

With regards to the WIFI, we have recently installed WIFI at the resort with free WIFI available to all guests in the Atrium area which is available to guests 24 hours a day. We also now offer in-room WIFI in the hotel section of the resort and we will be launching WIFI in the resort shortly. I am sorry to hear that your mobile reception was poor during your stay also. Where this is not a fault of the resort’s we have spoken with the telecommunication companies as we have noticed that the area that the resort is located in does have on going issues with mobile reception.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Nestled on the shores of Geographe Bay, Abbey Beach Resort offers home away from home comforts and beautiful gardens with a central pond inhabited with pretty ducks.The units are well maintained and very clean. Resort staff are friendly and willing to please in any situation.We find it is a value for money resort. We visit Abbey Beach up to twice a year and will continue to go back. Abbey Beach is also centrally situated, making visiting the tourists attractions easy, like Margaret River, Augusta and the many wineries, brewery's, restuarants, deli's and chocolate factories. As a family we love Abbey Beach and will return again and again.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Rebecca B, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Dear muggins2015

Firstly we would like to thank you for your continued support and delightful review, we are so happy that you come to stay with us whenever you are in Busselton.

Your review highlights all of the wonderful things to do in the Margaret River Region and at the resort. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of the relevant departments.

We can’t wait to welcome you back, when you are ready to make your next reservation please do not forget to visit our website for the lowest prices available.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Professional, friendly staff, clean, comfortable and modern hotel with 3 pools (one indoor heated), 3 bars and restaurants to chose from. Short stroll through grounds to the beach.
Started off well when I received an SMS letting me know my room was ready for check in, now that's a good idea!
Fast, friendly check in and a big spacious room that had all you could need for a short stay.
Kitchenette area, with sink, microwave ( I like a microwave ) , toaster, kettle tea and coffee facilities, iron and board.
Big bathroom, with a spa bath, clean fresh towels, shampoo, (etc).

Flat screen good size TV with fox channels, Sony sound system, table and chairs and a lounge.
Balcony looking out onto the pool area with chair and table.

Big comfy bed and pillows. The room was serviced daily (unlike some places), there was no noticeable noise in the room from other guests/ aircons or showers - toilets etc so they must have got the design right and the balconies are private. ( well except from opposite)

Only down side was that the lift was out of action, but im sure its fixed by now, and well - life be in it ! (some things are beyond the control of the hotel!) and its not close to town (only 5 - 10 minutes by car) - wouldn't want to walk it, there is an IGA and shops near by however, oh and no free wifi in room, only in lobby.

I stayed in 3 hotels during my 10 days in Busselton and this was by far the best, I look fwd to returning with my partner as this one was a business trip.

Great stay and I will be back ! Some other hotels could take a leaf out of this hotels book ! Well done and highly reccomended.

Room Tip: rooms face the centre of the hotel pool or face outwards, outwards maybe more private ?? your choice?
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank BigBronco351

Dear BigBronco351

It is wonderful to read that you had a great stay with us at Abbey Beach Resort.

Your delightful review covers all of the great things about our resort, from all of the staff to the facilities to the amenities available in the rooms, such as the kitchenettes, private balconies, spa bath and flat screen TVs. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to all of the relevant departments.

I am sorry to read that the noise from other guests disrupted your stay as well as the lift being out of service, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Rooms Division Manager.

I am so happy you will be coming to stay with us again; we will be delighted to welcome you back to the resort. When you are booking make sure you visit our website to receive the lowest price.