“A must do! Vegetarian and gluten free delights ”
Review of The Alkaline Cafe

The Alkaline Cafe
Ranked #5 of 23 Quick Bites in Albany
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Description: We are committed here at the Alkaline Cafe to accommodate everyone! From a doggie bowl and anchor at our front door to chalkboard tables, toy box, free play arcade games, chess table, library and relaxed tunes playing, we have it covered. Along with many lounging areas, highchairs, changing area and a retro style theme we are located just off the main street in Albany. We are a 100% Gluten Free Cafe with a Wholefood, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian Menu. We make all our own in House Kombucha, Smoothies,Cold Pressed Juices, Iced Teas, Chocolate Teas and Fair trade Organic Tea and Coffee. W have a "Grab & Go" Section located just inside our front door for those on the run or time poor and welcome pre-ordering as well. All things made at Alkaline are made with passion and love of all things wholefood and healthy, with two Chef Owners and a long time love of hospitality we hope you enjoy your visit...
Reviewed 1 February 2019 via mobile

Imagine our excitement when we heard about a vegetarian and GF venue. Wow. And we weren't disappointed! Amazing and diverse menu, welcoming, friendly and genuinely happy service plus delicious coffee. We came back each day we were in Albany and will be going back each time we are back down. Check out this passionate local venue. Keep up the great work!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

Went there over Australia long weekend on a sunday after googling what cafes albany had and it was very nice. Very funky decor and seatings. Got a fresh OJ to start and my husband choosed the granola bowl that looked beautiful and tasted really nice and i opted for the sweet potato rosti with dukkha and rocket and it was also delicious. A must to try

Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

This is my favourite cafe, not just in Albany, but beyond. My weekly treat is going there. Every single thing I have tried has been amazing, easy to see it’s been made with love and passion. The coffee is great, the staff are beautiful, and the setting is perfect. I cannot recommend this cafe highly enough! I absolutely love it.

Date of visit: January 2019
therealalkalinecafe, Manager at The Alkaline Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2019

Thankyou so much!

We absolutely love what we do and so glad you can see that.

See you again soon x

Reviewed 22 January 2019

Vegan restaurant, Though my wife and daughter like to eat vegan I'm not vegan but the food is fantastic, bursting with flavours like a party in my mouth, don't be fooled thinking vegan is boring the food here will impress you! Though the service is a little slow when we visited, but totally worth the wait, I'd definitely go back.

Date of visit: January 2019
therealalkalinecafe, Manager at The Alkaline Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2019

Thanks so much "Werdna76"

We had a massive day so sorry about the wait, so glad you enjoyed, and amen to healthy not tasting boring!

Hope to see you again on your travels

Reviewed 21 January 2019

We called in for a coffee initially after trying a few other places in Albany with mixed results. Happily the coffee here was excellent, just the right strength with perfect crema. After a bit of sightseeing we decided to return later in the morning for a late breakfast. As a confirmed carnivore I went well out of my comfort zone and ordered the Jackfruit burger - it was delicious, as was my wife's nachos. The service was fast and friendly. I can't fault this place. if your looking for a healthy alternative to the usual breakfast fare give The Alkaline Café a go , you won't be disappointed.

Thanks "notgareth"

We are so glad you enjoyed all aspects of Alkaline, hope to see you again soon