“trip to albany”
Review of Yak on The York

Yak on The York
Ranked #39 of 142 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Description: Yak on The York is Modern multi-cuisine restaurant and the one and only Shisha Bar in Albany WA. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Yak on The York offers different selection of Food, Coffee and Shisha options with exceptional customer service.
Reviewed 15 February 2019

Best value in Albany for breakfast. glass doors need cleaning and door closer was difficult to open. Food was well presented. Needs some greenery/plants inside.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 29 January 2019

We went here for dinner after wandering the streets and finding that everything else was booked out (on Australia Day). This place was fairly quiet with only 2 other family's dining. We each ordered from the $33 2 course specials, they were well presented and very filling. I couldn't even get through my piece of fish, it was HUGE. The garlic prawn sauce was so delicious, I'd highly recommend it. The desserts looked amazing but I knew I wouldn't be able to fit one in.
It was a nice atmosphere and the only thing I was uncertain about was the fish, as it was different to what I'm used to.

Reviewed 21 January 2019

Lovely staff and excellent food for a good price. A few different choices on the menu. Never disappointed with this place.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 January 2019

Called in for breakfast. Pleasing menu, pleasant reception. Long wait for the order to be taken but it was quite full. When it eventually arrived, our food was delicious well cooked and presented. Would go again - thinking of dinner this time! Will let you know!!

Reviewed 6 January 2019

This was our first visit here and it will be our last. We ordered two ham and cheese omelettes for breakfast (Not a difficult item I would have thought) we waited for over 25 mins to receive our order and was getting very impatient as customers who came in after us were served before us. We had to ask the waiter where our meals were and was told he would check. When he finally came back about 10 mins later with our missing omelettes he informed us that they take a little extra time as they are cooked in the oven. What the hell if your going to lie atleast make it a believable lie. They had obviously misplaced our order and decided to lie instead of admitting their error, instead of offering us a free meal or even a hot coffee while we waited waited. If this is how you want to treat new customers you wont last long.
I have eaten in hundreds and hundreds of restaurants in my time and this would have to be one of the worst meals and service ever.