“100% recommend this cafe/restaurant. Best burgers we’ve ever had 😍”

Bella Cafe Restaurant & Pizza Bar
Ranked #3 of 6 Quick Bites in Kingscote
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2020 via mobile

Omg, the burgers were so good.
They were happy to change the meat to halloumi to make it vego burgers, which was amazing. We wish we found this place before our last day here.

We ordered The Bella Burger & Chicken Tenderloin Burger minus all meats.

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (476)

Reviewed October 19, 2020

during our visit the staff were friendly and the pizza we had was well presented and taste amazing definitely be back for more on our next visit to kangaroo Island

Reviewed October 8, 2020

We called the Bella from our motel before going there. They told us their closing time. We asked about getting takeaways. We were told we could eat there.

However, when we got there and asked for a table, they told us all tables were taken. However, there were 2 tables that clearly weren't! We resigned ourselves to having to get takeout’s. We ordered. Then they tell us that they are no longer doing salad for the day! I’m on a diet and I have to eat some greens with every meal! So now I was going to have to do without! I wouldn’t have gone there in the first place if they were honest and told customers “No salad!”

Anyway, there weren’t any other options available at that time, so we ordered. After taking our money, the girl at the register announced, matter-of-factly, that that would take an hour! An hour! For a couple of pizzas! HOW COME THEY COULDN’T TELL US BEFORE WE ORDERED? THAT SEEMED VERY DECEPTIVE!

Our kids were very disappointed, but we had no other choice at that point! So we went back to the motel and called them after 45 minutes. They then said it would still be another 30 minutes to an hour. We were VERY UPSET!

I then went to pick up the pizzas. Again, a wait. Finally, someone comes out with the pizzas. She yells "Amanda, Amanda” My son and I say "Yes, that’s us!" (My wife Amanda had placed the order.) She gives us dirty looks but after a while agrees to hand over the pizzas. (There was no one else there at the time except one other woman.)

We then ask for a little parmesan cheese to go with the pizzas. My son likes that, always gets some parmesan wherever we are. They snap back: "No, that's been locked up for the night!"

Locked up? What, it’s a precious commodity that needs to be safeguarded? Or is it dangerous and they want to keep it from escaping???

I then ask for some pepper. The woman acts like she doesn’t understand me! I have to repeat the request several times. Guess what? No pepper! I always have pepper on my pizza. How can a restaurant not have salt and pepper?

We get the pizza back to the room. It was barely edible, tasted cardboard-ish.

Overall, a VERY DISAPPOINTING experience on our first day on Kangaroo Island!

Reviewed October 7, 2020 via mobile

Had to book a day in advance due to school holiday busy times. Friendly service. Pizza shop mostly. Very good pizza, not too oily. Good prices. Cold rainy night and cold in dining area.

2  Thank LisaEstella71
Reviewed October 4, 2020 via mobile

Excellent pizza, good choice of toppings and sides, professional and friendly staff and fast service.