“Great food and nice service”

Bella Cafe Restaurant & Pizza Bar
Ranked #3 of 6 Quick Bites in Kingscote
Price range: US$2 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

We had dinner at Bella cafe. There was a good variety of comfort food. Just what we needed after a full day’s sightseeing at Kangaroo Island. Food was made with the heart and the staff was nice and professional. Thanks Bella Cafe.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank CStOnTour
Write a reviewReviews (467)

Reviewed 27 July 2019 via mobile

On Saturday afternoon Bella was the only open place we could find in Kingscote. With a warm and friendly smile they welcomed us and served such good coffee and cake that we went back later in the evening for more coffee. The place has a cosy buzz to it which is nice . Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

Friendly service and delicious cakes. I had a tart that was custard with stewed fruit and crumble on top. Different and yum!
Would recommend

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 28 May 2019

Fantastic pizzas and other choices for lunch or dinner. Wine available. Order at counter and delivered to table. We loved it and went back a second time.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank bronniemac
Reviewed 9 May 2019

Sorry to say, the pizza was not great! I was super excited on a cold rainy day to stop and sit window-side peering out on to the world with pizza and a wine. I know right, you are all jealous at the thought....
Alas the pizza was fairly flavourless and I wonder if they added a few bits and bobs to a frozen pizza. Definitely not worth $20 for a small!!!

Date of visit: May 2019
DavidMitchell78, Owner at Bella Cafe Restaurant & Pizza Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2019

Hi jp_ausmiss,
Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your pizza while watching the rain, I can assure you we make our own bases and use 100% made in Hahndorf, local smallgoods that we slice in house. We have a pretty standard selection but I'm surprised there wasn't anything that tickled your fancy! (I'd love to know the pizza you had so we can look at improving if need be, feel free to email me at restaurantbella@internode.on.net)
If you are still around the island, please drop in again and I'll make sure you are looked after if you give our pizza another go! Thanks, David