““The Donut””

Ranked #56 of 189 Restaurants in Mooloolaba
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve never been out for dinner and had to speak to the manager so frequently. We were seated and given menus then left to it. They had a three courses for $29.90 special going. I asked our server “Smiler” if I could get a vegetarian main in this deal. He said he didn’t know and went to get the manager. The manager came over and confirmed I could. I then asked if they had hot chocolate and he replied he didn’t know but he did know they had no soy milk. Our drinks took ages to arrive and my friends was flat.

Our entrees were great and hot. However service was slow and not attentive. I then found a lump in my drink. We asked the server what it was and he said he didn’t know and would get the manager. It took ages for us to get anyone’s attention and my friend had finished her drink ages ago with no offer for a replacement. The manager came and said the same thing he didn’t know what it was. We had to ask for a replacement. The manager did make it himself and bring it over straight away but this was the only decent service we received.
Our mains and dessert were both tasteless and cold. And we waited half an hour for mains. Service was shocking, tables around us were attended to and meal checked but we weren’t after the drink was replaced. We even heard the manager having to chase up our server to do his job and serve customers. Then when I went to pay the bill I had been charged an extra five dollars. When I asked why I was told our server “the donut” had put it through wrong. No apology but it was taken off the bill. Overall our server was inattentive and had limited menu knowledge.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Another excellent Boss Hog beef ribs where the meet falls off the bone and melts in your mouth. This is what i expect from hogs breaths. But what i really enjoyed was seeing the “no holiday surcharge, ever” sign as we walked in. Having just been slugged 15% at two other eateries the days before over this easter period, this was excellent news. Keep it up Hogs Breath

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great view. Sons steak was way over cooked. Shoe leather. Ordered it medium rare. No pink. I had a wrap that was good but nothing more. Sweet potato fries were great. Service was lack luster. Wait for silver.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Table of ten we arrived at 6pm ordered at 6.30 the food finally arrived at 8.15. Food was ordinary. My son and I ordered a steak medium rare and received this think bit of halibut that was well done.

Service was terrible. Loud and obnoxiaus waiter. I will never spend my hard earned money here ever again. Dirty Moes offers ten times the value with quality of food far far seperior. Do your self a favour and eat somewhere else.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

So I’ve just popped on here to write my review only to read through the last few reviews of sub-par service, and yet the service we received yesterday for lunch was nothing short of extremely good! Service was great from being greeted upon entering, orders and leaving. The food however was average. The chicken Caesar salad was overdressed and too much Parmesan cheese, the grilled chicken was dry making it not as enjoyable as it should have been. The chips accompanying the other meal were warm, so obviously not freshly put with the meal.