“Pathetic”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t go to this place since it is just opposite the beach which I believe most people fall in the trap. The staff is very rude and the curries as well. Just all frozen stuff, reheated. Low in taste, long wait time since there’s only one dude running around, grumpy guy.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Very expensive for the small portions you get. Not the best Indian I’ve had. Rated fairly at the 3 star mark.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We were out or Christmas drinks. And decided to drop in for dinner with out booking. there was 14 of us and the service was great. Even better was the food. Very traditional flavours

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Each time we visit Mooloolaba, we either eat in or takeaway. The service is excellent and the dishes are all tasty. We got 2 mains and the children's butter chicken this time however the only thing to fault, was there wasn't enough chicken in it! Our 6 year old loves her butter chicken so we won't bother next time and just get another main size!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I'm not in the business of posting negative reviews but our takeaway meal was of such poor standard this evening that I had to make sure people are aware before they choose to sample Shalimar Indian Restaurant.

Firstly the Butter Chicken was a weird apricot colour, not the usual deep red my wife and I are used to, the chicken over cooked with the sauce super sweet and tasting of household tomato sauce.

We also purchased Prawn Malabari and the less said about it the better. Tasting of pure vinegar, with small overcooked prawns which appear to have been frozen for a long time, this is a dish with no redeeming features. And I have ordered this at numerous restaurants and never been so disappointed.

Our garlic naan was wet and moist and not enjoyable either.

Our entree of Sheek Kebab (lamb mince) was excellent and the only saviour of our meal while the Saffron Rice and Papadums were okay.

The service at the counter was good with the man who served us quite pleasant and jovial.

I'm hoping tonight was just an off night but safe to say we won't be eating there again after having to bin the majority of our meal