“A Very Average Luncheon!”

Mr Fat Duck Peking Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 258 Restaurants in Chatswood
Reviewed 4 April 2018

After all the positive feedback we have heard about what wonderful dishes Mr. Fat Duck can produce, my friend and I were totally excited when we could secure a luncheon booking last week. But, it would appear that we might have gone on a bad day that the restaurant was having. There was only one guy who was there to serve all the tables as well as to look after the billing.
We ordered three (3) dishes of Prawn dumplings (which contained 4 regular yum cha pieces), shantung chicken and seafood san choy baus to be shared between two people. The size of the main dishes was quite generous, however the quality of them was not satisfactory.
For a restaurant of such a relatively young age, it was somewhat unpleasant to see so many of their white crockery pieces used were chipped.
We paid AUD$63 for the luncheon in all, but for what we had compared to what we usually pay in other Chinese restaurants, there was little value adding in terms of food quality or service.

1  Thank Rosie M

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

First time here and a good meal. A friendly group of staff and very tasty dumplings and Peking Duck was delicious

Plenty of great options on the menu.

2  Thank BowenKar
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Went as a group to have dinner. The food is good but very noisy. Very difficult to have a conversation among ourselves. Also need more staff. There is only one person to take our order. We ordered a particular dessert. We waited a long time for it and finally settled for a different replacement. Will go again and try to have lunch. Hopefully will be less noisy.

1  Thank JNChia
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Friendly, but definitely understaffed. Exquisite food! Definitely has some of the most unique flavors in their signature tea smoked duck dish.

CRIMINALLY BAD at picking up the phone. I had more luck walking into the restaurant than waiting for them to pick up the phone on the way there.

1  Thank Kae C
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

A group of nine people chose to dine here last night and for me it was my 2nd visit. We ordered ;
(1)Peking Duck accompanied by pancakes is the best that I have tasted in Sydney.. although this dish is more expensive comparative to other Chinese restaurants, the duck meat servings are more generous, extremely moist/tasty,
(2)Mixed vegetable as our 2nd dish was a disappointment this time; vegetables and hardly any duck. I noted that the quality and choice of vegetables in this mixed veg dish varied considerably and was so superior on my first visit.
(3)King prawns( peeled) fried with duck egg yolk,
(4)Salt & pepper fried flounder,
(5)Peking pork(would recommend that pork ribs be used rather than pork belly, but it was yum anyway),
(6)Fried beancurd with shrimp roe,
fried noodles ( unfortunately a bit salty so will get them to be careful with it),
(7)Sizzling beef with pepper and
(8)Fried red bean pancake.

The only dish that I would not order is the beef.. everything else ordered was absolutely delicious and I would definitely come back. This view was shared by our group of 9 people or are seasoned foodies.

2  Thank Lydia S