We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$69
Official Site$69
eDreams$63
FindHotel$69
Agoda.com$69
ZenHotels.com
View all 9 deals
Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Please see our partners for more details.
Nearby Hotels
Reviews (63)
Filter reviews
63 results
Traveler rating
7
30
14
5
7
Traveler type
Time of year
LanguageAll languages
Traveler rating
7
30
14
5
7
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Filter
Updating list...
4 - 9 of 63 reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2019

Wow ! What a nightmare stay .
cockroach infestation there were hundreds everywhere, holes ,broken tiles a aircon that smelt like vomit and full of mould. I had to stay there as whole Area was booked out ,it was a big event weekend so I was charged extra they told min 2 night stay only booking for this nightmare .once reported the issue nothing was done but spraying of surface spray that made me sick and got headaches...this place should not be selling rooms $300 for two nights of hell

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Value
    • Sleep Quality
    • Service
Thank lisaoG1122JE
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
DanN1321, Front Office Manager at Hunter Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Hi
thank you for pointing out the problem, we have an ongoing pest control program and have notified the appropriate contractor and of the 25/02/2019, he has assured us that the problem was rectified.
we are at a loss as to why, as the room has been let previously without any feedback. As a sign of good gesture you were refunded the money, without any hesitation, we will appreciate if you return our key.

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed February 25, 2019

All I can say if OMG, and not because our stay was a good one. Upon entering our room their was a strange smell, so we thought ok we will air it out and turn the air conditioner on as we were happy that we actually found some accommodation to attend a concert at Hope Estate as everything was booked out. This was a joke. The window didn’t open at all and a flood of air oozed out of the aircon that smelt like vomit. Upon further inspection inside was full of mould and the outside unit has fungus and vines growing inside. Ok let’s open the door and see how we go we thought. After about an hour the cockroaches started to appear from under the microwave inside and around the fridge it was terrible. We didn’t realise just how bad until through the night as getting up through the night to turn on light in bathroom revealed the scene from a horror movie! Hundreds of German cockroaches running around, breeding behind the broken tiles and in the many holes we could see. An absolute infestation. Couldn’t sleep that night with fears of crawling roaches over us. We reported the next day but the Managers didn’t care, housekeeping staff told us they just got mad at her when she reported it and told her to give a bit of a spray around room. Sorry no amount of spray was going to fix this issue and funnily enough the housekeeping trolley was armed with half a dozen cans of cockroache surface spray so obviously they sold this room to us @$300 mind you for our stay knowing about the issue. I am appalled that someone could take a guests money for a room that needs to be gutted and fixed or pulled down. I have never experienced something as bad as this before. (We then knew what the initial smell upon entering was “surface spray!!!). These Motel owners should be ashamed of themselves to offer such disgusting accomodation. We were quite sick from all the spray we breathed in when we left as there was no way of having any ventilation and leaving the door open with no security wasn’t an option, we were so upset and it ruined our weekend. Won’t be letting this one go, I don’t want it to happen to anyone else. You wouldn’t let your animals stay in that room.

Room tip: Don’t stay here, no way so many cockroaches could be confined to one room.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Value
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
Thank 910traveller2
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here to go to a wedding in tbe Hunter Valley. The room is very clean and comfortable. Not enough mugs or towel hooks. If you bring your ow cereal for kids bring your own bowls and spoons. Good value for money.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Thank Gina B
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed October 11, 2018

My husband and I stayed here 9 years ago, and it has definitely gone down hill since then. The guy at the check-in desk was unwelcoming and rude, the rooms are in need of a renovation, there was an empty soap dispenser in our bathroom that never got refilled, they still have the manky bed spreads that never get washed, and the sofa in our room looked like it was from the 1970s (which we wouldn't dare sit on because who knows how long it had been since it was cleaned).
We travelled with a group of friends, and none of them had anything good to say about their rooms either.
This is an old run down motel with a dirty feel to it and we will not be staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
    • Value
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
Thank Kelly C
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We booked a non-smoking room and the room stank of cigarettes. It was clear that someone before us smoked in the room as there was still a plastic bag covering the smoke detector and cigarette burns all over the bed spread. It was very clear they hadn’t cleaned the room before we checked in as there was an open can of Tuna sitting on the kitchenette. When we let the guy know he wasn’t apologetic at all. I understand that it is a motel but this was on another level - Will never go back!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Service
1  Thank Rachel H
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
View more reviews