All reviews bi fold doors front gate private retreat natural lagoon tree canopy bbq area secure undercover parking fabulous apartment apartments are spacious minute walk overlooking the lagoon wonderful hosts main esplanade pool area lush gardens fully equipped kitchen port douglas
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 nights at Sanctuary in early March. It lived up to and exceeded all expectations. The apartment was beautiful and very well equipped and maintained and being able to open it up to the tree canopy was great. We will certainly return

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

A well planned resort in its own very well gated area,undercover parking and lifts to apartments ,well set out,lovely gardens,has it's own lagoon.
Swimming pool of good size,easy access to the beach and jetty.
Apartments are large and good for families, some are needing a bit of a refurbishing.
WiFi is not the greatest hard to connect,but works when you are online.
Close to all the eateries and has arrangement with Life Saving club bar and dining with a discount for people staying at the resort.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank BJCashman
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Cannot fault! Accommodation fantastic, hosts are amazing - I have never had such friendly & down to earth people running a facility, nothing is too much trouble. Only 25km north of Cairns less than 15 minutes to the Skyrail - terrific location. We will be back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2018

My Husband, teenage daughter and myself enjoyed a very relaxing six night stay at the beautiful Sanctuary in October 2017. It was the perfect wind down to our three week holiday in Queensland. Our third floor spacious apartment was easily accessed by a lift from the ground floor parking area. It became my routine to rise early, push back the bi-fold doors and sit on the balcony watching the aerial displays of lorikeets. There is the sense of living way up in the treetops and the view of the grounds is sublime. The apartment was well appointed with en-suite and family bathroom, utility room etc. All very clean, comfy beds, crisp bedding, pool towels etc, etc....Great facilities at the pool, which was never busy and private among the lush planting. Just a few minutes walk from the centre of Palm Cove and the stunning beach. Loved every second....wish I was there!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 31 January 2018

My partner and I stayed at this resort and as soon as we arrived, we were instantly relaxed. There's a sense of peace and harmony about this place and the grounds truly resemble a mini retreat. The rooms are spacious and beautiful too!

The resort is close to the main town area and you can easily stroll to the cafes and restaurants, as well as the foreshore.

The owners Richard and Karen are lovely and super helpful. No complaints here!

Date of stay: January 2018