“Will be back...”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

First visit and won’t be the last. Great food (appetizer and main were delicious) and atmosphere. Will be back!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank canadiansrule

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We dined as a couple on Valentine's Day.

I had never eaten here before, but I'd heard great things so I was excited when my boyfriend had booked our Valentine's Day reservation for us here!

When we arrived, it was busy, as expected for 7:30pm on Valentines Day! We were seated quickly and did not have to wait.

Atmosphere:
The restaurant was decorated a little for Valentines day. Themed balloons and streamers lined the entrance area, and candles lit each table. It was loud, and the tables were close together so it was less romantic than some may prefer. Our waitress had what appeared to be her children with her (which was strange). They seemed to distract her at times, and even while we were trying to order at one instance, and caused more commotion in an already crowded and busy restaurant. The large bar in the middle of the restaurant was nice, and we liked how you could see into the kitchen from the dining area at the front of the restaurant.

Service:
Our waitress was very kind and warm. She was knowledgeable of the menu and would tell us some tidbits about our choices this way there were no surprises when they arrived. The food came rather quickly. We did have to wait for your drinks quite a bit, even though we were able to see them waiting on the bar ledge for ~7-10 minutes.

Food:
It was pretty good, but not spectacular. They had a smaller menu to choose from on Valentine's Day.
Apps: We ordered the mixed seafood to start. it was very small, especially for $16. It was served in what was the size of a side dish. We only ordered 1 to share, but we saw other tables getting 1 per person... but I can't justify that for an appetizer (some of the mains were the same price). The seafood was not exactly grilled. It was basically a mini mixed seafood medley in aceto (in vinegar), the kind you can purchase at any grocery store in a container. It was good, but I was not impressed.
Main: I got the Veal Scollopini served as a rotolo,. It came with a side of veggies and mashed potato. It The meat was kind of chewy and it lacked salt. The veggies were scarce. 2 pieces of asparagus and a carrot. The potatoes were tasty.. I used them to add flavor to the veal.
My boyfriend ordered the spaghetti with a light cream sauce and crab. This was really delicious! It was flavourful and the pasta was well cooked. I regretted not ordering it for myself. It was a little scarce of crab, but it still kept the crab flavor.
Dessert:
We got "baileys" creme brulee. It was your average creme brulee, tasty. It did not taste like baileys at all!

Overall:
This was a nice Valentines Day and the restaurant served its purpose of providing us with a place to enjoy a meal over candlelight with a glass of wine and some Italian food. Would I return? It wouldn't be my first choice, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to a friend for being anything special. I just think there are better Italian places in the area for the same price.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank _Samantha1614_
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Food is better than 90% of the restaurants in the area. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. Our family has been here for lunch and dinner and we have always left satisfied. The options have been a bit more limited than other restaurants in the area by you will be beyond satisfied with whatever you choose to eat!

Date of visit: September 2017
2  Thank ncolliamd
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Enough with the high content of salt in foods.
I have complained numerous times regarding the salty foods and finally gave up and won’t go back,

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Aquarait
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I just had dinner with my wife and another couple , good food , good service, great time, 5 stars for sure, would definitely recommend to friends......cheers

Date of visit: December 2017