All reviewskeypersonnelfactorysnackslounge
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Middle of nowhere, perfectly restaured and nice hotel. No personel around, at least not by arriving and fregirator full of snacks for free, you still need to pay for beer though)))
Very positive experience alltogether and nice sleep.
Highly recommendable

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

A lovely place to stay. In an old factory they have made it very personal. Clean, nice room with wonderful beds and sheets!
Fantastic breakfast!

There is no staff during night time, but there was no problems arriving late. The key in the keybox as agreed.

We will absolutly come back!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We spent one night for Christmas. Friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms. Good breakfast. Very nice surroundings in the old paper mill/ former sugar factory. Blistering fast wifi. To be recommended if you are planning a stay in the area.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Premises are very cool, even though Holeby is rather remote from civilization. However, this seemed to be the perfect place for a quiet night of rest on our way back from holidays, 5 minutes away from the ferry which took us back from Germany.
1st issue is there is no staff on location, which should have been clearly specified when we booked. We arrived at 7pm and the placed was locked, no one in sight and no tel. Nr on the door.
Instead of a reception, there was a dispenser for the keys, which one was supposed to open with a code.
2nd issue is I had to check my emails again to see if I got a code with the booking confirmation. This was not so easy as there was no 3G network I could catch with my mobile device. There was no email with a code anyway.
We got really lucky as other guests showed up, and they were happy to share the email they got, in which there was a mobile phone nor to call in case of issues.
We called and got the code we needed, by phone. Problem solved after 20 min.
When inside, we were happy to find a clean room. Beds, however were not very comfortable and pillows were quite awful.
TV was not working, but wireless luckily did, so we could at least get the news on my IPhone.
We woke up several times as other guests arrived noisily, Windows needed to stay wide open as there is no AC and it was quite hot and stuffy in the room.
In the morning, we were quite tired after a poor night. Breakfast was served and a multitasking member of the staff was present. We checked out without commenting on anything. To my surprise I later realized reading the invoice we were charged a credit card fee of Danish 290 on a total of 917! I have lived in Scandinavia for the latest 20 years and actually work in Denmark 2 weeks a month... Never heard of a credit card fee, left alone that high in any hotel I have stayed. Amazing... Again no info or warning on the website where I have booked (hotels.com), will contact them and make a formal complaint.
Would NOT recommend to stay at the factory lodge anyway.
This place is far too smart for me. They have optimized everything to such a level that they do not even need customers anymore.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank hosteratu
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I booked this Hotel as a quick overnight stay as I was heading to the ferry the next morning, and it seemed from the photos to be clean and fresh. And no fuss really.
I arrived late in the evening to find only a few lights on the the forward end of the tumble down old factory. I though it cannot be right, there was insufficient lighting outside that I found myself driving off the cobble street onto the grass. There was no other cars or any sign of life. So I drove my car around the side and when I hit the high beam, it lit up a tumble down old Victorian factory, and a huge old chimney. Bit creepy really. So I drove round and decided that the only life was to be discovered near the light area. When I approached the door, I discovered that it was actually one of those cheapo hotels with no reception staff. And so I had to hunt my emails for a code for the key box. There was no lift, so its stairs only for those who have some inabilities. And after trying several doors found my self inside a nice carpeted and new fresh 10 room floor or so. My room overlooked the carpark which was good,becasue there was no other soul in this place. There are refeshments in the firdge and just drop some cash in the box for what you take. The coffee machine, well thats enough about that. All effect-no Taste!! :( Once inside the room was cold but I soon whenged up the thermostats and got it going. I must admit I was relieved to wake up the next morning to find my self alive and not part of a murder mystery weekend!! I did actually meet another soul in the morning. She was the cleaning/breakfast/host/reseptionist! To wrap up in a nutshell. When you actually get into your room its fine, the TV channels are rubbish, the rooms are new and clean. But if Hotels cut back on the MOST Essentials "Reception staff", then I shall not bother to stay there. The Service Industry is so focused on making money they forget that Personal touch is infact what service is all about.! I was so glad to leave before the workmen started digging with that huge buldozer in the floor below. Would I stay again?, Maybe now I know its like a project in progress. But not if they don't have or value Reception staff, because I do! C'est La!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the carpark best, the others must overlook a building site I assume
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo