Review Highlights
GREAT!

Probably the greatest thing to do around Kaikoura. It doesn't get much better than catching your... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2016
jgeldhof
Blankenberge, Belgium
via mobile
Brilliant!

Reviewed 10 December 2013
dobsd
Manchester

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My mum came to NZ last Dec so I took her around NZ and Kaikoura is our third destination.
Mum cannot swim but we still booked in this.
To me it is great as you can see seals are just around you which was the first time experience. To my mum, she was a bit scared. But the instructor was very helpful. He stayed with my mum the whole time and took her to the seal so she can have a close look. Good!

Not recommend to people who cannot swim.

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My partner and I went on this snorkelling trip and it was perfect. Kelvin showed us in-depth what we were looking for and how to catch the crayfish and paua. We had a long swim around the coast and ended up with a crayfish, a butter fish and three paua, which we then went and cooked up on the BBQ. It was amazing! I would ugly recommend to anybody looking to go snorkelling in Kaikoura.

Date of experience: December 2013
2  Thank dobsd
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

This tour is amazing. Calvin (the instructor and guide) puts on an impressive clinic on how to dive for crayfish and pāua (abalone). And then, to top it all off, he BBQ's it up for you to eat a few miles down the road. If you are up to the challenge, he'll hang back and let you do the diving for food, and he has great advice on how to improve your free diving technique if you need some help. We also saw an octopus and a huge stingray. Awesome!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Thanks to Calvin and Kathryn for a great effort. Wonderful people to organise a memorable dive with.

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This was truly a fun and unique experience. We were just a group of three people and the guide took very good care of us, making sure that everybody's gear fit well etc. No rushing whatsoever.

We had a great time in the water too and spent about an hour snorkelling and hunting for crayfish and paua. The crayfish were really fast and the paua would hide in their shells whenever you got too close. Our guide was really good though and went down 5-10 meters and caught two crayfish and two paua.

Afterwards we enjoyed a great bbq, the crayfish was better than any lobster I've ever had at a restaurant.

Date of experience: January 2013