“Went 2 nights in a row”

Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Greymouth
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Buccleugh's On High is a stand alone restaurant but part of the Recreation Hotel. Diners can eat in the restaurant but also have the option of eating off the restaurant menu in our lively and clean bar.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First night our waitress was great and our food choices we nice everyone seemed happy with their meals. Next night different waitress not as attentive food wasnt as good and desserts weren’t like they looked the night before bit disappointed on the second night but overall it was ok

1  Thank rock203
Write a reviewReviews (605)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went out to dinner to Buccleugh's on High with my father and some friends earlierrthis evening.I'm so pleased
we chose this establishment.The staff member who met and greeted us Ravneet was very nice
and friendly towards us and made us feel welcome.The other staff members who served
us Ruby and Molly were great. Ruby kindly recommended the Blue Cod and kumara wedges.One lady
in our group had the Moroccan chicken and mashed potatoes which she said was very nice.Another lady had
the vegetarian stack which she said was very nice as well..The restaurant was immaculately clean and tidy.This restaurant is fantastic, I'll definitely go there again. Andrew

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited with Boyfriend for a Romantic Night dining out and was pleasantly surprised at the fine dining experience, which made us both feel like a hidden gem was discovered! Our mouths watered and the menu was extensive and exceed expectations! Would definitely recommend as a great experience!!!

Reviewed 7 April 2021

It has been an absolute pleasure to visit this restaurant for a special dinner celebration, from the moment of arrival to being the last to leave.

If you are on holiday or live in Greymouth and there is one place that you need to visit, Buccleigh on High is the one.

Brilliant extensive menu, great wine list and exceptional service further explained as follows;

We were greeted by the lovely Taylah who carefully explained the specials and then we ordered, beautiful shrimp cocktail for me, lovely presentation and perfect balance of shrimps and thousand island dressing, generous portion and consumed with a 200ml bottle of the best sparkling Italian wine that I have ever had, Mionetto Prosecco.

I was absolutely determined to have steak for my main course and ordered the Surf and Turf and definitely didn't disappoint! Again, generous portion, with a delectable mushroom sauce of my choosing and perfectly cooked scallops and prawns on the side and salad and fries. Just beautiful, lots of choices as well, you can have vegetables and there are different sauces to choose from. Again, beautifully explained by Taylah, so that I was able to make my own personal choices.

Dessert was a struggle to choose and by this stage I was quite full, the Banoffee Parfait won the day, what made it even more special was Taylah presented with candles and the waitresses sang to me. Really, really special.

If I ever won Lotto, I would stay here and eat everyday and believe me I am very picky about where I eat and the reviews that I write.

I would really recommend booking and am so excited about my next visit already.

I would really like to personally thank Taylah our beautiful waitress and the other girls who beautifully present the restaurant and make it warm and inviting, the fantastic chefs for their inspiring menu which should win every award known to man and every other member of staff who works hard at this establishment. Everything was exceptional, even the toilets.

If you are looking for something outstanding, this is the first place to be!

Reviewed 6 April 2021

A great little bar and restaurant. Good quality feels and a great atmosphere travellers and locals alike