“Pathfinder Wine Tour is Top Notch!”

Pathfinder Tours New Zealand Wine Tours
Reviewed 6 May 2018

My boyfriend and I booked the wine tour (there are loads of tours to choose from) and loved it! John is both knowledgeable and personable. He is an excellent tour guide. He answered all my questions beforehand and made the day a memorable one. The price he charged was very reasonable and the only thing extra we had to pay for (other than the many, many bottles of wine we just had to bring back with us!) was lunch. My boyfriend is not a big fan of tours but even he had a wonderful time. I will be back in NZ later this year and will definitely use Pathfinder Tours again!

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I booked this tour by emailing the owner and director John. He was very informative and made the entire process easy especially as booking around Christmas time he only required a deposit to secure the tour. I would say, I probably wasnt the easiest customer he has had because I changed the date I wanted to book many times.

On the day, my sister and I were picked up in the early morning from our house in fielding. We could tell straight away that John was going to take good care of us and show us a brillant day out.

John took us to the Tui Brewery which was quite special as we didnt have this on our list, but he made the trip there anyway which made for a good first stop off to the tour. He showed us around the Brewery then we carried on our way onto the next stop for morning tea - Pukaha Mt Bruce.

John saved my sister from a very persitant Kaka that was trying to eat her scone on the balcony which had myself and my sister in hysterics. We did have the option to go in and see the White Kiwis, but due to cost we decided not to.

We then carried on our way to Martinborough. Throughout the entire journey John kept telling us interesting facts about Martinborough & its amazing wine culture. He also took us around the wineries introducing us to the people showing the wines and he even went off the programme some more and took us to a couple of new wineries he had not tried himself.

On the way home, he really treated my sister and I and took us to an AMAZING chocolate shop. My sister and I could have been there for hours. John made sure we tried as many chocolates in that shop as possible.

We arrived back in fielding at a good time (around 6ish) with wine and chocolates in hand.

I highly suggest this tour and do think its well worth the money to give it a go. John has a fantastic personality that can keep you and your friends entertained for hours.

Go ahead, just do it!

snomad.co.nz M, General Manager at Pathfinder Tours New Zealand Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Thank you very much for your kind words, It really was a brilliant day & you're very welcome to come along on any of our other trips.
We really do strive to provide a unique and fun experience for all, which is always made so easy with such wonderful guests. Until next time!
Thanks again!