All reviews refurbished room poolside room ocean view spa room buffet breakfast is hear everything indoor pool indian ocean comfortable bed free wifi great position short walk bars and restaurants would stay again mini bar car park short stay nice room
Reviewed 2 December 2018

Our first choice when we stay in Bunbury however this time ended with a trip to Accident and Emergency. Our adult daughter kicked her toe on a metal rim near the front door. In the twin room at the entrance there is a mat which is surround by a 5 mm metal rim, before the carpet in the room. This is the same location where the fridge, tea and coffee facilities are. There was so much blood i filled my cupped hands. We couldn't stop the bleeding left us no option but to seek medical help.The following morning on check out I spoke with the receptionist let her know what had happened. Although empathic, she said I will report to maintenance. I said it is highly possible my daughter will lose income as she will unable fulfil her daily duties. I feel this feedback should of been escalated to the next level, management.
At this stage not sure if I will be back.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Christina M, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2018

Hi Sharon

I would like to discuss this with you directly, could you please call or email me directly on 9781 2700 or gm@lighthousehotel.com.au.

Kind Regards
Christina Mitchell

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

Last time I stayed here the rooms were old and smelly, not to mention full of cigarette smoke. This time was perfect, friendly staff great freshly renovated room and better parking set-up. Will be back

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Spent one night here. Our room looked out over the ocean, free parking right st the door. Room was spacious and bed comfortable, and the spa in our room was great. Bathroom was very small and in need of a facelift, but water was hot with good pressure. Restaurant on site, and walking distance to beach. Note this is not a swimming beach: lots of rocks between sand and water edge. Beach may be inaccessible if you have mobility issues as there are a number of steps to climb down to beach. Very pleasant stay, would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank petak57
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

They charge a 3% fee on Amex and Diners Club cards!

Friendly and helpful receptionist arranged for us to shift to a ground floor room, which suited us, despite the better outlook from the room we had been allocated.

Open air, unsecured parking available at front of the hotel.

Bar opens from 1600 and dinner available from 1800. Breakfast is from 0600 to 0900 Monday to Friday and 0700 to 1000 on weekends.

USB charging points both sides of bed and free WiFi

Our room had very good lighting, a well stocked fridge/mini bar, but no safe.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very disappointed with the hotel. The photos you see on their website or tripadvisor are not what it looks like in reality. Our room smelled musty when we first arrived and I had to open up the sliding doors to allow some fresh air inside. As I did this I noticed behind the curtains spider webs and spiders in the corner - not hard for cleaning staff to remove, but looked like these spiders had been there for awhile. The bathroom had someone else's hair left on the toilet and in the shower recess...nothing more off putting than someone else's pubic hair!! There was a lot of water damaged areas and rust in what seemed like a relatively new refurbishment.
We also couldn't believe that the pool area was so slippery...more rubber mats are needed as the wet tiles are not safe. Several children slipped during our time here. There is also a pool table (pay for using) and ping pong table near the pool area. When the kids asked for table tennis bats and balls a box was given to them by the receptionist with only one ball in it which was dented, so couldn't be used. When the kids asked for more ping pong balls, the receptionist said they didn't have any...WHAT??
We won't be recommending this hotel to others and won't be back unfortunately.

• Trip type: Traveled with family