“I must be living in a parallel universe”

Food O Clock Cafe & Indian
Ranked #3 of 253 Restaurants in Bendigo
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Description: We bring you Authentic Custom made Indian Food, Freshly cooked with freshly Served Manner in order you provide you a memorable experience. We are next to Bottle Shop and have BYO License Wine & Beer Only. Soft Drinks are not permitted as we do have them in stock.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Tripadvisor has Food O Clock rated as the second best restaurant in Bendigo. Well, if this very average Indian take-away is the second best restaurant in Bendigo then I'm living in a parallel universe. A previous poster has claimed that Food O Clock offers 10% discounts to diners who post favourable Tripadvisor reviews before they pay their bill. That might explain the glowing reviews and totally ridiculous #2 ranking. I had lunch there recently and opted for their lunch special. The special consisted of Lamb Rogan Josh, Beef Curry, and Butter Chicken. The dishes were all precooked and out of a bain marie warmer. They came served on a single stainless divided tray that wouldn't have been out of place in Loddon Prison. I don't want to get into too much detail about the quality of the food but the beef was chewy and tough, the Rogan Josh was boringly bland, and the butter chicken was dry from being in the baine marie for too long. Additionally the basmati rice was of a very low quality (read cheap) and was insufficiently washed. And finally the raita condiment had the consistency of being murdered in a food blender. In other words Food O Clock is your average Indian take-away (and I rated it accordingly). However in its favour is the fact that it's cheap...very very cheap, particularly if you take the food away. And I think that's what a lot of people get excited about. However in terms of a pure culinary dining experience I doubt Food O Clock would rate in the top 30 restaurant/cafes in Bendigo. So forget about the #2 ranking....that's just BS.

1  Thank Food-lover747
Ekbal S, Owner at Food O Clock Cafe & Indian, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks for taking time to write this review, and looks like your concern is why an Indian restaurant is on #2.and a favourite for the community, Lunch specials are very popular are served from Bainmarie for quick lunch time meals which works for us and our customers who are on their break times. In my opinion looks like your concerns are not honest and You should call TripAdvisor to find out or TripAdvisor to call the customers if these are paid reviews.
We have came across many people like you who know least about the cuisine and how things are served and got nothing good to say about any business in town, and i think people like you should actually cook their own meals and eat at home to satisfy yourself.
As a Chef and a responsible businessman, I am very proud of my work, and very great ful for the support of the community.
Thanks again

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Can't go past Food O'clock for quick, great food at a great price. We ordered online, 5 curries, 3 rice and naan for $90 :) All dishes were well packed and hot when we picked them up 20 minutes later.

Ekbal S, Owner at Food O Clock Cafe & Indian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Many thanks for the feedback as we do try our very best to provide you best service and food each timeThanks for your support.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Loved everything about this place. Ordered online. Immediately when I entered the restaurant for pick up I was kindly greeted and helped straight away. And the food was amazing, I loved the curry I received. I will defiantly be back.

We look forward to see you again, thanks for your your feedback.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and have always loved the experience. Moving to a new area, it’s hard to find & replace your favourite Chinese/Indian restaurants and we have found our new favourite Indian restaurant. The staff are always simile get and friendly, the variety of meals are wonderful, including goat, and our family favourite dish butter chicken is divine. Not too expensive, the eating area could do with a freshen up, but you can overlook that when you try the food.

Thank you so much for your overall feedback, we thank you for your business

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I have been going to food o'clock for over 2 years now and it is still as amazing as my very first experience! The vegan menu is amazing, food is top quality, better than any Indian restaurants in Melbourne. Couldn't imagine Bendigo without it, LOVE the staff.

Ekbal S, Owner at Food O Clock Cafe & Indian, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

We thank you for your time and being such a support over this period, Thank you so much for your kind words Bella. We look forward to see you soon again.