“Fantastic food”

Masons of Bendigo
Ranked #1 of 258 Restaurants in Bendigo
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: opened today, awesome, can't wait to review it - Bendigo's Cumulus?
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The reviews for this place led me to eat here. I wasn't disappointed.

My first impression was that this space would be anywhere in the world and would fit right in. It's a converted glazier's shop, with a fresh white paint and pale timbers decor.

The menu is extensive, and focuses on excellent produce sourced from local suppliers. Add a great wine list, including some excellent regional wines by the glass. The result is a great combination and an excellent meal.

Bendigo is lucky to have such a fine place to eat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We chose the roaming menu for our first visit here. The three entrees were outstanding- full of interesting flavours and plenty to share. The main of lamb was the disappointment of the evening- slightly dry meat and accompaniments a little clashing in flavour. Thankfully the sharing plate of desserts was a winner!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

A very diverse menu with creative and aesthetically delightful presentation.

We had the roaming plate, which was gorgeous and generously-proportioned for the hungry. Compared with Melbourne, extraordinary quality for the price.

I'm fussy about combining flavours so requested a new plate to avoid 'hangover' flavours from previous servings. This came quickly and with a smile.

The visual play in the fish entree, complete with surf and seaweed was a highlight, as was the truffle potato in 'soil'.

I don't know the owners, but I loved the evident care taken with the experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived 2 hours earlier all they way from Melbourne knowing and reading reviews that they serve good food at this place. We also went on a non busy day with a booking. Was told that we will have to wait. Even though there so many empty tables. That’s is fine with us. So we went off and came back again 15 minutes before our booking time. The waitress looked at us and gave us that “what the F#% you want this time!” look. She told us again we will have to wait. Seriously! Even though the restaurant was half empty.l!! Eventually another guy came and gave us a place to seat. Food and customer service was just average. Nothing great! I think if the was a competition with another restaurant they will be no where!! Purely disappointment all the way. I will score them a zero if I can.! Please get better staff if you want to be successful as one of the reasons ppl come back is for the good customer service.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Bendigo's best.
If your looking for a quality dinning experience without the pretentious snobbery of high end restaurants then this is the place.
Quality local produce prepared and presented beautifully without the pretense.

I've been several times and will continue to support a great local team that does an amazing job providing Bendigo with a high end dining experience without the huge price tag.

Keep up the good work, I'll be back.