“A fave”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner in the heart of Ballarat
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

After dining out a few times this week & the standout best was The Western, it dawned on me that I had not reviewed this venue. I think sometimes we take the reliable good venues for granted. I have always enjoyed my meals at The Western & again was not disappointed, in fact I could have licked the bowl clean! I had the mushroom risotto, it was delicious! This is one of our fave pubs & it deserves to be sitting higher than it is on here!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Nice venue. The meals and service are excellent.
The room was adequate.
However they advertise tea and coffee making facilities and there was no tea nor coffee provided. What was provided looked to belong to a permanent tenant.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Went out to dinner at short notice woth family. Discovered that Western Hitel has $15 steak nights if eating in the bar, as well as $15 parma nights..and Sunday sessions. Enjoyed our meals, and medium-rare steaks and veg so much, that we plan to go back on another night, so we can try the parmas out as well.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Good food and very quick service we ordered ( group of 8) and had time to use the bathroom grab a drink and our food was already there!! We all ate together and the food was delicious everyone loved there's we had ordered about 6:35 had eaten and done by about 7:05! Good work and a busy Saturday night

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Doesn't look as glam as other venues in Ballarat, but it's busy and it's good.
A wide selection of good old-fashioned favourites to choose from.
The servings are well presented and very generous.
It was an interesting crowd, hipsters to families with young children.
So, nice atmosphere, nice crowd and just GOOD OLD-FASHIONED WHOLESOME FOOD.